should I be happy?

postal

Peoples champ runner up
I have had a bad year for trying to make it out to the track! The closest track is over 2 hours away and I drove there once to get one pass and then get rained out, and then drove there another time just to find out they where running a high school only programn that day! here is what I did this summer on a new set up:
1. made a few street tire runs at the nats and did a best of 12.81@114mph 2.xx some thing 60's. Made one complete low boost run (20#'s) on slicks and ran 12.57@110 with 1.81 60'

2. In August I made it to the track and made a 12.04@116 with a 5# launch and 24#'s of boost. 60' time was 1.79 and was running a little rich. Got rained out before could go another pass.

3. Oct made it back to the track had 2% more fuel pulled out with my xlator plus. I ran a 11.30@118 60' was 1.69, launched at 5#'s and run 25#'s out the back. I then turned around and made a 22# run which yeilded a 11.67@114 with 1.71 60'.

So after 3 full passes on slicks I went from 12.57@110 to 11.30@118. That made me very happy and I think my car is getting alot closer to being tuned. My question is wether or not you guys think Iam tunned out for my set up yet or not. (ie..any much room for improvement)

Here is my set up:
1. 3.5" maf and xlator plus
2. msd 50's and walbro 340
3. T63E and BGC stretch IC
4. ATR 3" Dp and 3" exhaust
5. Art Carr 9" and built trans
6. stock 104,000 mile oil burner with new valve springs

When looking at this please keep in mind my long block isnt one of these low mile or well taken care of tight motors. She shows her age and likes to drink a little oil. The 11.30 run really felt strong but i think the 11.67 at only 22#'s with a not so stellar 1.71 60' is equally impressive. Also for right now the only scan tool I have is a SM2.

Thanks for your inputs: Jason

Have you done any head work.Chris Rowe has about the same setup but he has headwork and cam.He has broke in to the ten sec. range 10.8-10.9 or so.Probably has a little more in it(hint-hint)if he'd come to the track! The 11.30 without the head and cam is a respectable time.WES:cool:

Hehe!!!

You trying to motivate me Wes????

Sorry I havent made it over your way in a while, but MAN what a year it has been, eh!?!?!

Anyway, I am thinking of parting with mine, anyone interested???

The motor is not modified at all. The only thing that was done to the motor was a new set of valve springs. BTW I really recommend swapping out your old valve springs it made a big difference when I swapped out mine and it cost me less than $50.

Here is the numbers from my time slip so you guys can reveiw them and tell me where I can improve. 25# run with 5# launch and o2 readings where .780mv with 0 knock retard:

60' 1.698
330' 4.699
1/8 7.224 @ 97.38 mph
1000' 9.422
1/4 11.309 @ 118.58 mph

Interesting numbers....

Mine read something like this.

7.19@95.9X
11.25@121.15

My Combo was PT51, V4, 3DP, MSD50s Stock motor with ValveSprings and 100K miles like yours.

I was running with the stock convertor.

Whats interesting is that your 60ft time sucks for the ET you ran, 11.3 with a 1.69 at only 118mph is Excellent!

Looks like that convertor killed your topend, Non-Lockup POS. ;)
Your 1/8th mile MPH is awesome, but your top-end is just ok. Look at how much I picked up over you from the 1/8th and on and I run a smaller Turbo with a little less boost than you did. 24lbs.

If your not getting any knock try running a little less fuel. 780 02s is more than I run. I keep it in the 750s range with No knock.

How much timing is in your chip? I was running 26 degrees.

All in All it looks good :) Thats how TTAs are supposed to run! Screw all that Ported Heads, Cam BS :)

Originally posted by Chris Rowe
Anyway, I am thinking of parting with mine, anyone interested???

Price? I'm not interested,...but would like to know in case I come accross somebody who might me.

The car is a TTop and cloth car with 56000 miles, and has the following:
63e
ported heads and intake
218 cam
DeQuick FM
Spal fans
55# injs
mod. ECM
trans+ w/ported 3.5" Maf
MM ext. chip
Hemco upper
65mm TB
Moser 9" rear w/ 325 gears, 31 spline axles, Wilwood disc brakes
Fresh(0miles) tranny w/all hardend parts, blue plate clutches, billit servo, AC shift kit, AC 16930 conv., and stage right brake
complete Hotchkis rear suspension, and air bag
SS frame conectors
HKS external gate w/ in car boost controller
3" SS DP
3" SS Borla exhaust
Walbro 340 pump
White face gauge overlays
Phantom boost and FP gauges
Pioneer CD player w/ remote
Weld drag lites--skinnies up front and 28x10.5 ET drags in the rear

The motor was freshened at 52000, when the heads and cam were added. All other parts were added along the way with most having less than 2k miles, including a new alt., starter, and most of the sensors.
I have the stock IC, fans, and most of the other parts that came off the car when the aftermarket parts were added, ex. the stock wheels. I sold them and planned on buying new ones to put back on it but never did.

I LOVE the car, but dont have the time to put into it like I once did, and would rather see someone get it to give it what it deserves than see it sit. :(

Price 14k.

Anyone interested give me a shout!!!!