You can type here any text you want

Should I buy this TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbonarccar

I just sold my ttype police and I found a 89 TTA for sale the same day, today. It's at a lot near me, where I bought my first car infact 67 396 ss elcamino. Anyhow this car is a Ttop car with indy pace car logos on doors, all stock except a boost gauge, 70+k miles, pretty clean except the paint is failing on the hood, the interior is cloth kind of furry? The car is priced at 11,900 and I'm fixing to make them throw in tax & lic. Someone please advise me one way or the other on this purchase. I have bought some good cars in the past but I have also failed miserabley. Thanks for any input it is appreciated!

DO the typical checkups...
rust, mechanical condition, if everything checks good...
Buy it! The value on those cars are continually being driven upwards...

Heck, in the even you don't like it, turn around and sell it in 6 months for an additional $1.5-$2K...
I'm glad I'm not there, I now I'd be all over a nice TTA...:cool:

If it's a cloth car and it's marginal, it's worth the price.

Make sure someone didn't swap out the seats for cloth ones though. It's more rare than the t-top leather cars.

The guy told me it is a Ttop with deluxe cloth interior, 1 of 187 made with these options. The vin# 1G5FW2170KL0KL227746, If anyone can tell me anymore about this car by the vin I would greatly appreciate it. Where do they put the option codes on these cars? Thanks for helping.:smile:

The vin# 1G5FW2170KL0KL227746

Too many digits :) My guess is it probrobly reads 1G5FW2170KL227746, and it's really close to my festival car which is 227966. The SPID label is in the center console if it's there as they are often missing, this car should have the cassette tape storage box RPO B67 and you'll have to remove it to get a good look and read the codes.

Obviously it's a TTA based on the vin, to know if it's a cloth car look on the SPID for RPO code 66D-Trim Combination, Beechwood Cloth. Leather cars have 662-Trim Combination, Beechwood Leather.

Steve

Thanks for the info! I knew I could count on you turbo TA fanatics for some help. I'm going to go check out the car Monday after work and see what else I can find out. :D

Based on the vin#, it is more than likely a Festival car. The build number should be fairly low- somewhere around 80.

Back