You can type here any text you want

should i buy this turbo v6 motor (cheap)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

camaronx

A buddy of mine purchased a 52 chevy from someone and it had a turbo buick v-6 in it. He drove it home where he immediately took motor completely apart. I mean completely pistons hanging on wall pushrods laying in valve covers turbo and exhaust system--everything just lying around in his shed. He wanted to put pontiac motor in it. This guy loves to take things apart but never ever puts anything back togehter. He asked me to sell it for him i think for $400. I hated to insult the guy but i asked him why in the world did he have to take it apart. Is it worth anything for me to buy it? Should i buy just parts off it and what should i buy? I am thinking the exhaust and turbo system probably is the $ part of the motor. Someone tell me what to get from him exactly and what to make sure is all there. I can probably get it real cheap now---$200 bucks maybe I hate to see this motor go to waste when they are so rare. I was thinking if got a rebuilt buick v6 with the turbo pistons that i think he has anyway i could probably have a chance at making some money and or puttin some real hp to the ground. I'd like to take my phone over there and text pics to someone knowledgable to make sure i got the right stuff---someone let me know sumthin---thanks in advance

If it is fuel injected, BUY IT NOW! If it has a carburator, its only worth $400 but only for the crank and "maybe" heads. And that's pushin' it. Post the block casting numbers. You are looking for a 109 for the last three digits.

Back