You can type here any text you want

Silicone for gasket? Can I?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cale22

Doh!
Hello all,

I found a leak from my upper plenum to the intake. I also have a plenum spacer, so it could be located somewhere around there. I was wondering if I could use high temp. RTV silicone instead of the gasket (b/c its so thin). Im hoping this would fix the leak, or should I add the silicone on top of the gasket? Thanks in advance.

I think the Mease sheetmetal upper plenum was not machined flat, so it is not seating flush on the spacer. :(

Yes it is not a flat surface. Can I use silicone on the gasket to try and compensate rather than taking it to a machine shop and paying $$$?

There is a product call "Right Stuff" and it seems to seal better then the hi temp. silicone. I think this will also hold up well under pressure.
Jeff

Is it new? If you're sure it isn't flat, return it. Unless, of course, you expected to have to machine a new part to get it to seal...

:D

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Is it new? If your sure it isn't flat, return it. Unless, of course, you expected to have to machine a new part to get it to seal...

:D

Yup.

Back