You can type here any text you want

Single Turbo BBC Regal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OutlawRegal

1984 Buick Regal. 540 BBC. Single Billet 106MM turbo. 3308lbs Race Weight. 7.19 @ 196mph. On 33x10.5w's

Woohoo...Monster big block with turbo goes 7's. We've done it with our lil V6's, lol.

Anytime you want to match Race I'm down for it!! My tug-boat does alright. We're almost done putting the twins on it, we'll be out testing soon enough.

Not at 3300lbs!

Not to take anything away from Dave's bad ass ride BUT Tony and Dave have both been in the high 7's @ 3450#'s. Granted 7.19 vs 7.97 is like COMPLETELY different planets in comparison. Hopefully they will have some more company this year running 7's in TSO trim;)

I would like to know what Dave's thoughts are on the aerodynamics above 175mph. Do you think you are at a significant disadvantage with the regal in the class you run vs the mustangs and camaros? I have a 25.3 Drag radial GN going together and wonder if it is worth it? I am planning to run my current V6 combo and hopefully be under 3000# instead of 3440!

Very nice ride I have enjoyed the pics and videos today.

Not to take anything away from Dave's bad ass ride BUT Tony and Dave have both been in the high 7's @ 3450#'s. Granted 7.19 vs 7.97 is like COMPLETELY different planets in comparison. Hopefully they will have some more company this year running 7's in TSO trim;)

I would like to know what Dave's thoughts are on the aerodynamics above 175mph. Do you think you are at a significant disadvantage with the regal in the class you run vs the mustangs and camaros? I have a 25.3 Drag radial GN going together and wonder if it is worth it? I am planning to run my current V6 combo and hopefully be under 3000# instead of 3440!

Thanks, I would have to say that these cars are Not so much aerodynamically great. I've gone almost 200 Mph with the car. The one thing that has helped the most was putting the 1 pc. Fiberglass nose on the car. The steal nose that was on it was taking a severe beating pass after pass. The force at the top end on that nose was drastic. It pushed the headlights in and broke all the plastic around it. Therefore i would say if you wanted to go this fast in a G body, you would have to get a glass nose. I know I'm at a aerodynamic-disadvantage to these other guys in camaro and mustangs shaped like bullets. We feel strongly that we can play with the big dogs this year, buy taking the weight out of the car and putting twin turbos on it, she should be able to run in the 6.70 range at over 215mph.

Dave,

Thanks for coming by.
86Brick and I have been following your project for a while.

I LIKE this car - even if it is a BBC! DMC does some killer work.

We are looking at possibly making the switch to 10.5 Outlaw stuff with the V6 package. No place to run a big tired, tube chassis Buick anywhere and be competitive - 10.5 seems to be where the action is now plus some classes have some nice weight breaks for the V6 now.

X2 on the frontal aerodynamics - they aren't optimal but with the air diverted as best as possible and the weight in the right places it's workable. Fortunately, my car has always been a little nose heavy. Best thing is at least the Regal stands out in the crowd of Mustangs and Camaros!

When do you think you will be out with the car?

IMHO..... if you don't have a low 7 sec (in the 1/4 mile)...... you have no business talking smack to Outlaw Regal or anyone else.

The accomplishments of the cars.... Dave's and Tony's stands on it's own merit...... and IMHO should not be in the same smack talk as a BBC Turbo Regal unless it can beat it. It isn't fair to Dave or Tony for someone else to talk smack for them.

Bottom line: Let the cars do the talking!

BTW Outlaw Regal - Your car is totally bad @ss!

IMHO..... if you don't have a low 7 sec (in the 1/4 mile)...... you have no business talking smack to Outlaw Regal or anyone else.

The accomplishments of the cars.... Dave's and Tony's stands on it's own merit...... and IMHO should not be in the same smack talk as a BBC Turbo Regal unless it can beat it. It isn't fair to Dave or Tony for someone else to talk smack for them.

Bottom line: Let the cars do the talking!

BTW Outlaw Regal - Your car is totally bad @ss!

Hey Thanks bro for the feedback!!!

i agree

with Blazer406 100% i know Dave has alot of time and $ in the car. i am just glad to see a Regal that will run with all those mustangs..i don"t care what's under the hood as long as it's GM..most of the mustangs are running BBC anyways..Steven(killing time) Jackson said it best..the only way to make a mustang fast was to put a big ole Chevy motor in it:D.....Bob

Back