You can type here any text you want

Size or part number for crossover bolts and bell housing bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttribejr

I need to replace all 4 crossover bolts (bottom of exhaust manifolds) and 2 transmission bell housing bolts.

Anybody know the part numbers or sizes? Or know of a website with a electronic parts catalog that I can look them up on?

I found:

Crossover bolt factory part number 11500932 (discontinued) size is M10x1.5x40

Bell housing bolts PN 1261968 still available from GM

Ignore my part number on the bell housing bolts. GM parts guy sent me what looks like flex plate bolts

Like posted above, the X-over bolts are metric and might be hard to find in that size. The Bell housings bolts are easy. Any hardware store or home improvement store should have grade 8 3/8-16 bolts and washers.

I found xover bolts at hardware store however bolt head a little bigger. Only problem inside bolt pass side difficult to tighten.

That's a good point. Since I made all my bolt kits I've always used 'allen head' bolts so there's plenty of room.

I think the stock bolts are flange head instead of normal hex. Much like the oil filter adapter, it can get too tight to use normal hex bolts since there won't be room for a socket.

Back