You can type here any text you want

sleeving the 109 block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
this thread is three years old. Silver Six...are you out there....how did the sleeves treat you? Successful?

That may be true. But one guy at least, is talking about doing all six cylinders, and then after doing a line bore. If you can buy a used block, and just clean it up, surely that's cheaper and easier?

THAT, I agree, is a little excessive..;)

Wow, this is an old thread! At least someone used the search function!!:biggrin:

ks

One thing you guys haven't mentioned... which I have thought of..... is if you have a girdled block.... and it need to go past .030....... this would seem to be a reasonable question..... to keep from paying to have the girdle installed on another 109 block......that is big $$.... I bet it is cheaper to have 6 sleeves installed than 1 girdle....

Seems reasonable to me.....

i can't find blocks any day of the week, and definitely can't afford to keep redoing , this will be the first engine built by me who hasn't done more than change plugs, replace alt. and starters and such, also this motor will be girdled and all, as idon't want a major catastrophe, and will be using some serious boost and all , this is also to be a driver, and show car as i'm at the age a man builds a car like he always wanted but couldn't have back then

Back