You can type here any text you want

Slicks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ncmalko1

#1 Eagles fan
Seems that people buy new racing rims for there Slicks. Will Slicks not fit on the 87 GN rim or the Kirban GNX rim without hitting wheel well?

Its because of the weight of the GN wheel and the GNX 16" wheel has less of a sidewall for flex. If you go to a wider wheel you can get a bigger footprint with the same size tire as it wont crown in the center. Just my 2 cents

they will fit. I know someone that has mt et street (235/60/15) on their stock GN rims with no problems. In fact, it keeps that stock look with the added traction. :D

I have my slicks on seperate wheels because I don't want to have to drive around on slicks all of the time.

yes MT Slicks 28X9X15's on stock t-type rims are the way to go but if you dont want to run slicks and want a strip/street tire run the MT ET Street Radials in 275/60/15's they hook well street and strip and there the largest tire that will fit under the car without rubbing

Most guys drill their rims for screws when running slicks. Having a dedicated set of rims for slicks makes more sense. Brian

i wouldnt say most people drill their rims when running slicks. i would say some do but not most.

i wouldnt say most people drill their rims when running slicks. i would say some do but not most.

What's your reason for adding that comment? Stick to the topic. ALL ( yes, all ) of the guys I run with drill their rims for screws. Brian

Back