Slow 60's.

lordmikef

Went to Englishtown yesterday with a friend and decided to make a couple passes in the process. First two runs went fine. Took off at about 2000 rpm and i was only running about 16* of boost. Ran two 12.90's. The third run, i decided to step it up a little bit and leave a lot higher and jack up the boost. As i was bringing the rpm's up footbraking the car, i was watching the boost creep up to about 2* and then i couldn't get any more out it. On the starting line, i was at the point where i almost had my foot to the floor but was unable to get the rmp's over about 3000. This is the first time this has happened to me with this car. I was thinking that maybe it was a converter but then realized that the one thing i had changed from this trip to the track from last time is that i raised the fuel pressure from 41 to about 44*. When i left the line, the car lagged for a good 80 feet and then took off to do about 109 mph in the quarter but with a 2.3 60', i wasnt getting anywhere fast. Any comments? ta-49, 340 walbro, 42.5 injectors

i was there last night too in the 87
i watched your last run , thought your car broke because you spent so much time behind the green light even the track crew started to walk up to your car to see if you were OK , and no you didnt leave with anything that i could hear or see, think you ran the 13.4 or so on that one
if you watch your O2s you're probably over the 950s and you wont spool

i would drop the fuel down

I sat there on the line because the run before, i was up on the converter for a good 30 seconds before the starter decided to flip the swtich. So that run, i figured i would wait for him to start the tree before i even raised the rpm. I was in no rush to cut a good light. HAHA. I think next time i go, im going to drop the fuel pressure a little big and see how it goes. Thanks

Raising the FP could make you a little richer on the bottom end and cause slow spool. I went to the track last night (in Denver) and I had a reaction time of 10.90 waiting for my turbo to spool! I checked the air inlet temp and it was 114* - that coupled with a barometer of 23.90 made spool a little slow. A friend with a GTQ 70, 4000 stall and a transbreak was also taking longer than normal to spool.