slower e.t faster 60ft?

The quicker the 60ft= Lower ET's and set lower MPH.

Now, if you spin on the line and get a slower 60ft= Higher ET's and set higher MPH

Each car is different because of tune,gearing,suspension,torque,HP,ect. but there is a range of a few MPH to look at.

I have also noticed that you HAVE to let these cars cool completely before racing or you will get those results of 7mph loss.

Did you let the car cool down for at least 45min. with a fan? Or did you hot lap it?

I've been to the track a few times and have seen 60 ft affect MPH and et pretty consistently. Typically seeing a 1-2 mph decrease with a better 60ft and a tenth or two better ET. I'm not an engineer, so I'm not going to try to explain why, I just know that it happens and except it....... I'll leave it to the IT gurus to explain it or figure it out... As for seeing a 7 mph drop....... something wrong with that picture, more data needed to figure that one out.. lots of things could be going on there..

thanks for the reply Jack

here is one of my 1.42 60ft's

PhilLaunch.jpg

The quicker the 60ft= Lower ET's and set lower MPH.

Now, if you spin on the line and get a slower 60ft= Higher ET's and set higher MPH

Each car is different because of tune,gearing,suspension,torque,HP,ect. but there is a range of a few MPH to look at.

I have also noticed that you HAVE to let these cars cool completely before racing or you will get those results of 7mph loss.

Did you let the car cool down for at least 45min. with a fan? Or did you hot lap it?

hot lapping to say the least i was driving back to the staging lanes as fast i was running the quarter....first time at the track, it was like a crackheads first hit! just couldnt stop. there was 0 cool down time, just enough to dump more alky in and get right back to it. it was very cool out though.

i also went 119 at 11.6 on 20 psi in the tires with a 2.0 60ft, lowered them to 15-16 and went 1.67 at 112......maybe i should just be happy with a 11 sec pass. who knows