You can type here any text you want

Small size motor swap ideas please.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

McPierson

Hi,
I have a 63 Lark with a toasted 215. I don’t have much faith in the 215 or rover V8 platform so I need a swap. This car has the first GM Uni-body, and has a small engine bay. I’ve looked at LS and also at 1UZFE, but both of those are just a bit too wide to make things easy.

I’d like to consider a Buick V6 option, but I’m way down the learning curve. Can you advise me please?

OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Trans: Manual Preferred, but 200r4 is fine. Small tunnel… will need significant cutting to fit anything.

Use: Cruising low miles…. I’d like to drive this to work on nice days (8 miles)… Not racing, but ripping it on ramps and such.

Primary Goal: 300HP (possibly 200 + room to boost). There’s no chance this car will be faster than my IS-F. So fast is not the goal.

Subgoal: If not Boosted, carb would be more authentic to the car. If boost I’ll want EFI for tuning.

Economical: The LS and the 1UZFE are very low cost options. It would be hard to beat those, but a Buick would save me some fab challenges due to the small size of the car and being Uni-body makes cutting perilous. So give me a reasonable ball-park, not “if you know a guy” pricing.

I’ve been reading some and I have some ideas of the least cost solution, but I don’t want to poison the well. There’s not chance this car will be faster than my IS-F, so realistically.

Thanks,
Matt

Ouch, maybe I'm asking too much. Here's my idea:

Buy L67 and L36. Use the L36 heads and intake on the L67 bolt that to a WC T5 and boost that sucker.

I would probably try to make the L67 intake work with the intake elbow I've seen first, but I'd prefer to push the motor back as far as I can....

Back