You can type here any text you want

Smallest computer for C-Com WP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tazgn

I was doing some tuning the other day and started wondering. The only reason I use the laptop now is for the car since getting the home computer, so how small of a computer (physically) can I use for C-Com. I mean, will it work on a palm top??? Has there been any advancement in using a palm pilot??? My laptop is just big and bulky and I would love to get something as small as possible for the car and make it dedicated for that purpose and sell the laptop I have now (com-crap 533 MHZ).

Derrick

Toshiba makes a teeny portable called the Libretto (a few years ago, maybe called something else now). I had one but I couldn't get it to work under Windows 95 with the DOS program. Maybe the windows version will work better.

I'll bet you can find some Librettos on Ebay.

I'd love to work it with a Palm Pilot... anyone?

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

I had wondered the same thing. A while ago, I picked up a HP 1000CX, which is a DOS-based palmtop. I've yet to be able to get the CCOM software transfered to the thing, so this is still "on a back burner."

I have a friend with a TEC II who uses his HP200LX (basically the same thing as the 1000CX that I have) to run his TEC software. One thing that he says is that there is a slower serial communication bus on these things, so datalogging is less accurate, with fewer samples per second.

Does anyone have any hard info on using a palmtop with a FAST box?

Jeff

Back