SMC or Razor????

stanggod said:
I know I don't own a tr, but I'm open minded, not brand loyal and like a variety of cars including buick. I have learned a bit from this site and hope to maybe contribute some of my knowledge to it. :cool:

Attaboy.. :wink:

Brand loyal:
not us, I like the term "Model Sensetive" or Model Selective" myself.

I try not to post but to offer help but... :mad:

Why have you all 'scared' off another guy when he mentions SMC...? This is the "Alcohol, N2, and Propane Tech" forum... last I checked that is supposed to be a generalized description.

And where the heck did this "buy an SMC and blow a motor" deal come from!?!
SMC kits have been around before any of these kits and no one complained about using them then!

I say this over and over again... It's a pump, some hardware, and a PWM speed controller. The SMC kits work fine... sure there has been some bugs here and there, like anything ever made - like the PC your typing on, but Steve is the nicest guy around and releases new kits that are better and better. I'm sure he stays away from here because he is sick of people disrespecting him behind his back and doesn't feel like defending himself from the PC.

And I really don't mind that Razor has a huge following, that's great and he sticks to Buick stuff offering endless support... Steve has gone to other "openings" (i.e. less headaches) in the market, his time is spent more in the other areas because that's where most of his sales are and where his support is needed. And also, many people even I have installed a kit in don't even know what a forum is... does that mean I dont help them out? NO! It means the best way still is in person or on a phone and Steve still has a body and a telephone.

Chill...
Phil (god i wish my car was finished and driving replacey typing)

PhilM said:
I try not to post but to offer help but... :mad:

Why have you all 'scared' off another guy when he mentions SMC...? This is the "Alcohol, N2, and Propane Tech" forum... last I checked that is supposed to be a generalized description.

And where the heck did this "buy an SMC and blow a motor" deal come from!?!
SMC kits have been around before any of these kits and no one complained about using them then!

I say this over and over again... It's a pump, some hardware, and a PWM speed controller. The SMC kits work fine... sure there has been some bugs here and there, like anything ever made - like the PC your typing on, but Steve is the nicest guy around and releases new kits that are better and better. I'm sure he stays away from here because he is sick of people disrespecting him behind his back and doesn't feel like defending himself from the PC.

And I really don't mind that Razor has a huge following, that's great and he sticks to Buick stuff offering endless support... Steve has gone to other "openings" (i.e. less headaches) in the market, his time is spent more in the other areas because that's where most of his sales are and where his support is needed. And also, many people even I have installed a kit in don't even know what a forum is... does that mean I dont help them out? NO! It means the best way still is in person or on a phone and Steve still has a body and a telephone.

Chill...
Phil (god i wish my car was finished and driving replacey typing)

Very well said.