SMC pump replacement

williamsGN

'Horse sneeze' addict
Been running a replacement pump from Razor for years, but its tired and needs replacement. Julio says their not carrying them anymore, wonder if anyone knew a good external pump replacement for the system.

thanks.

Been running a replacement pump from Razor for years, but its tired and needs replacement. Julio says their not carrying them anymore, wonder if anyone knew a good external pump replacement for the system.

thanks.
I simply changed out the whole SMC to Julio's system. May not be what you desire, but at some point you will need to upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What kind of alcohol do you use? Water mix or straight? I purchased a few old SMC kits and am curious. I checked older posts and saw the shurflo 2687 was the preferred replacement when using denatured alcohol and water mix.

The 2687 is what I'm going with after lots of reading... I use straight M1 methanol.

I bought a similar size pump at tractor supply store( assuming you mean the SMC with the small external pump). They're cheap enough to replace every year. Mine makes 110 psi with two m10 nozzles. be sure to frequently check pressure and prime before every WOT. My pumps actually 3 years old now:oops:( uhhh, so much for replacing every year). Still makes good pressure but time to replace... again.