You can type here any text you want

Smiley Face Chip???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squid4life

Took the puter out so I caould see what kind of chip was in my new 85 GN, and all it has on it is a big yellow smiley face sticker. Any ideas what this is? Also, any idea where to get a stock chip to start from scratch with?

James Combs

Both Jim Testa and I think Joe Lubrant were putting smiley face stickers on their chips. If you plug a scan tool into it and see what the prom ID is, it might give you another clue.

Jim

sweet!

Thanks for the quick reply. I just got the car, and I'm trying to get it to run right. It has sat for years in a private collection, driven only 130 miles in 5 years. It has some good parts, but not all tuned as a "package". Slightly larger cam, but no idea what it is. Adj FP reg, but was set at 60 psi. Good MSD plug wires, but were laid on the up pipe, so they were burnt. The adj wastegate actuator was thrown on and not adjusted, etc, etc, etc.

I got all my gauges I needed, new wires, but now REALLY REALLY need a scan tool. I was going to order one from Ramchargers, but it is only for 86-87. I want to find one that supports 85 as well as 86-87. Either that or I'll have to swap to 87. I'd like to get it tuned with the 85 stuff first. Any ideas on a scan tool for 85 and 86-87???

Thanks again for all your help.

James

PROM ID

Well, I finally got my TLink and am having all kinds of fun... I did look up the PROM ID like you said, TURBOJIMMY. It is 26B0 I tried to do a search, but may not be searching the right places. Any ideas on how to find out what this chip is???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Squid

Well, I am such a FNG when it comes to this...

On the BACK side of the chip had the following info:
"SP-85 B/4 BLUETOP 85 Street"

Obviously it is for the 85, and injectors would be bluetops, but I am not even sure I have bluetops!

The number on the injector is not the same number on the injector list posted elsewhere in the forums! They are gray and black...

This car is pretty confusing. Remind me never to buy a modded car from someone who has no idea what was done!

Any help on the chip would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I have received emails from Jay Carter and Jim Testa, both saying it is not their chip. Does it look familiar to anyone else?

Originally posted by Squid4life
Well, I have received emails from Jay Carter and Jim Testa, both saying it is not their chip. Does it look familiar to anyone else?

Not mine either:D

Think its from Mike Licht/Bob Bailey???

does it look like this? --->:) LOL!

hey guess what...that chip is from Mike...you have an extender chip...I had the same chip in my car with my old TE-44 and 50's combo...

"Mike...you have an extender chip"

Whose Mike? Sorry I'm a FNG when it comes to the site or GN's. Is there any way to contact Mike and see what this is set up as, or do you know? Thanks for the reply and the info!

Squid

Belay my last. I have sent an email to Full Throttle/ Mike Licht to see what this is set up for.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Back