You can type here any text you want

Smog Pumps Setup: Where is the best place to measure vacumn from?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

As the title says i was wondering if some of you guys could shed some light on this topic and what you have done.

The only reason i am doing this is so i can datalog the vacumn pump and make sure it is running correctly and not pulling too much vacumn,

I am of the opinion that if your engine is sealed, then you can pull vacumn from anywhere and you will get the same readings.

As of right now, i have tapped the passenger side valve cover and ran a -3AN fitting and line to the MAP sensor. Will this work, or should i be reading it from the bottom of the intake valley pan?

Adrian

..............As of right now, i have tapped the passenger side valve cover and ran a -3AN fitting and line to the MAP sensor. Will this work, or should i be reading it from the bottom of the intake valley pan?.....................Adrian

The VC should work ok as long as there is no breather, and it is sealed. :cool:

We usually plug the PCV hole with a threaded plug which has a hose barb to connect the line to the 1 Bar MAP sensor.

With a "real" vacuum pump there should be a regulator at the pump to adjust vac between 10-14" vac. :)

thanks Nick, in my readings i have read alot of people still leave the PCV valve in...

I don't think the smog pump will be capable of reaching 10-14" pull. I am honestly only doing this for the oil leak thing.

Adrian

Back