You can type here any text you want

Smoked a twin turbo FD rx7

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Going through traffic the other day and had to change lanes quick...some jerk cut me off. So out of the blue this Honda comes blaring (moaning and screaming) up on my back bumber. Ok, lets nose through traffic and kill the little Honda turd.

I change lanes and he follows ...now we have open road and he trys his best but not enough...he got smoked.

Now all is back to normal and notice this nice Fd 3rd gen RX7 in traffic. So, I role along side and tell him he has a nice car and he nods back.

Keep my pace and ease on ahead he stays back but I noticed when I pulled to the next light he changes lanes and pulls up behind me...hhmmmm this guy trying to see what s up or what ??

So light goes green and I give it a lil gas just enough to get a nice solid bark out of second. Now he comes up on my back bumper and starts to try and pass....oh no no no. So I punch it and hes up to my door and pulling on me through second gear but, i'm pulling ahead...Boom, hit drive and the gap starts getting nasty..like 6-7 cars and just plain leving him.
He roles along side and I have a big :D :D :D on my face and he says frustatedly ...fu#!ing Grand National..like he knew better.

Now It looked very stock. If he would have had a street port (or secondary bridge) and all the goodies I know things would have been different..those hooked turbo rotarys do not play.

Hey turbo nasty. This is off topic but I noticed you had a gt32 turbo. Is that a bolt on turbo or do you need to modify? How do you like the turbo? thanks man

Marc the GT is direct bolt on... no problems.
The only thing that was off a tad was the comp inlet was a lil' shorter than the stocker ..just had to move the hard pipe hose over a tad and walla.
Since I have the factory stall I went with the .63 PTE turbine.
How do I like the turbo? Love it.... It pulls strong, I can push 17 psi with 93 now ,Heck when I was tuning it I spiked to 19-20 PSI and did not get as much KR as expected. Spools good, I have yet to race an LSI, cobra or real stout 12 sec or lower car to see where I stand now. The mid is just really impressive I could write it all day but, you would have to feel it to believe it...Everyone that has rode in it since that has ridden in other Turbo regals were flippin out.

Mike with full throttle is were I picked it up. He was so pleased with engine and wheel dyno tests with the GT series Turbos that is all he carries now. The midrange is where they stand supreme over the other TA/TE stock replacements.

Back