You can type here any text you want

Smoked a Zo6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Nope not the new ones....
But the 405 hp one.

Last summer I raced this guy from a 45 roll and my alky pump was dying (did not know at the time) and was having a hard time with the tune so he smoked me.

Out thsi past Sat night and everyone was about to leave the hangout and I called him out.
This time we went from a dig and I gave him the go.
He was whining about me having DR's so I said we line up and then you go when you are ready and no honk off.
As soon as I saw him leave I launched and we were even through 1st and I pulled away in second and stayed two cars ahead all the way through drive.
He was shocked, said thanks for the race and wanted to know how fast my car was at the track

Nice job......I ran down a new-ish Z06 at the track last year (not sure which version).....just a great feeling.

I eat stock Z06's for lunch... people cant drive them.

You eat them for lunch with your 11.53 car?

A co-worker on mine has an 03 ZO6 built 346/F3 Procharger w/single nozzle alky kit. Once my car is on the road in a month or two we are gonna line up from a dig and a 45 roll at an old industrial lot that we have access to to see who has braging rights in the dept. Considering his car weighs 3250 with him in it and mine probably weighs 3650 with me in it I am curoius how that will turn out. He runs stock 17's with a radial. No DR. I'm thinking with the new traction control setup I have I should hook up a lot better then he will.

Gonna try to get on video.

I eat stock Z06's for lunch... people cant drive them.

Until you have to turn or stop.

2002 Z06 owner here... the Z06 isn't designed to be a straight line car AT ALL! Although there are 100% stock cars right down to the crappy F1SC tires that are in the 11's.

The thing about beating a corvette is a lesson to the certain owners that think they are the best car on the face of the earth.
Most vette owners know the limitations of their car but the ones that dont need to be humbled.

The thing about beating a corvette is a lesson to the certain owners that think they are the best car on the face of the earth.
Most vette owners know the limitations of their car but the ones that dont need to be humbled.

I agree... with the price of Vettes (especially C5s) coming down, there are more and more idiots driving around in them. I for one would give a nod or a thumbs up to a GN beside me since there is a good chance that it would smoke me down a road. I might hit the loud pedal for some fun, but not because I think mine is better and certainly not in a straight line. Over the last 2 years that I have owned the Z I have yet to come up next to a GN. Here in VA Beach the rice-rockets were terrible until I got the License plate "MEAN Z06." Now they seem to leave me alone most of the time.

This guy was totally big headed about spankin me last summer.. you could tell he was humbled by the race. I should have talked some trash but I knew I was going to smoke him.
I keep a low profile at the hangout and say my car is a turd and a few know whats up most of these younger guys dont have a clue about the GN's.
The v6 thing blows em away

nice going there bud :biggrin: , so you went from spanking them in homestead to spanking them in ms eek: :tongue:

Good kill. Even if you lost, I wouldn't have been too bothered by it either. Though Z06's were more set up for road racing, they're still fast in a straight line..

I'm into both as a C5 Zo6 owner here too, and GN owner, and Turbo T owner :biggrin:

A C5 Zo6 is a quick car, but they don't launch all that well. I've had my Z since 2001 and Buicks since 2000. My best in the Z is a 1.8 60 foot and they wheel hop terribly with too much power on the launch. Most trap 114-117 mph in the 1/4 mile, so it takes a solid 11 sec GN to run with them on a roll.

He launched first with no honk when he was ready. From a roll things would change though I agree:biggrin:.

Back