You can type here any text you want

smooth GN kill

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

racemybuick

Hot Air Teacher/Student
A buddy of mine and I were out getting his car prepped for winter. We stopped at a local shop to pick up some prestone and some fuel stabilizers and a car cover. When we were all finished, we got out and there was a lime green honda civic with the hood popped. They were staring down my buddy's 87 gn and wanted to know what was in it.

My buddy is adam, and he's got near $8,000 under the hood. He blew a rod out the side when the oil cooler lost his oil on rt 80. (A stupid loose fititng) anyway, he sunk 4 months and about $8000 into his car and for a very mean sounding GN. Well, the kids were not going to let us go without showing us their stuff. Typical Greddy turbo bolt on stuff, a dummy nos can in the trunk, and they were ready to go all out with adam.

Adam told them he wont open the hood for anythin less than $500. The kids said forget it, but then came back and said if they beat us, then they get to see what is under the hood, and 200 bux. My buddy adam said deal.

I HATE STREET RACING! So I started walking home, only a mile or so, and adam came rolling by. He had 200 bux in his hand, a big smile and two or three hondas and toyotas in tow. They pulled over to pick me up and every kid was yelling at him because of how badly he beat the civic.

in a guesstimate 1/4 mile course traffic light to traffic light, adam licked this kid by over 5 car lenghts. They were all joking, saying that the traffic light would have gone a whole rotation if the distance was any farther between the two cars. Adam was happy, and another one bites the dust!

thanks for listening, just had to tell it. PS...I HATE STREET RACING

John

I dont understand the " I hate street racing " Line . Your like a guy writing a sexy story to Penthouse and saying then you hate sex & nudity. Come on your killing me , dont feel guilty . Just indulge .:D

i love it! - him winning that is.

i do understand the i hate street racing part though, i have a hard time doing it anymore, but if i do its planed out, on a open road, and theres some money involved.:D

street racign is bad, fun but i dont' think anyone will say its a great thing to do, but hearing about someone blowing away some cocky kids with their honda is priceless!

but for him having $8k worth of goodies i'd expect him to beat a honda by more than 5 car legnths, must have been a respectable honda. (never thought i'd say that...)

lol...ok...Thank you, i think, for the compliment about a sexy penthouse story, and sorry about letting you in on my secret. AS a youth, I grew up in a great little town and my oldest brother had a cool crowd to hang with. Th motor heads. These were the kids with all the cars! 442's, el caminos, camaro's of all years, and yes, even mjy car before it became mine. Long story short, my brothers closest friend was killed when his monte carlo blew a tire in a street race with a twin turbo supra. From what I heard, it was a close race, but a few seconds into it, the car just lost it and the supra swerved away, while the MC rolled over into a tree. I knew the kid extremely well, and it was hard to suck down. What seemed to be a totally safe race, turned out to be everybodys nightmare. So, ever since then, I vowed, any race I participate in will be on a track, where no tree will keep a car from rolling.
I know there is no perfectly safe way to race, but when a street race goes bad, it is usually prety bad, or the worst. When a guy looses control of his car on the track, he may loose a couple grand in body work for his car, but he usually lives to tell about his run in with the guard rail. Needles to say, I love the excitement of a kill, and I love to tell the stories in my area of a great honda bashing, but I will never condone a street race. I wil never bet an a street race, and I will never participate in a street race, only to talk about them. Sorry for the book here, just letting you guys in.

As for the honda, the turbo was the garret BB 70, and the motor was an aluminum block from some dude in calif. The car had sumthin like 10,000 into it. I told the kid to sell his car and buy a buick, because for ten grand, he would have won that race!

Thanks for the responses and the compliments!

John

been there too, had someone i know die racing, i din't know him really well, but i knew his friends very good, and saw what it did to them. I said i'd never race again on the streets, i haven't stuck to that 100% but i do turn down almost every race, and when i do race, its down a long deserted road thats as close to a dragstrip as you can get, nothing to get in your way like a tree, just long and open. since then i think i've raced 2 people, they were fun at the time but i do wish i hadn't done that. Its still not safe i know but i've got to do something durring the off season...

good decision on your part for not having anything to do with racing, and more power to you for being able to stick with it. i wish it wasn't so much fun...

Back