Snowmobiles making 600HP!!!!!

buickboy92

Who all owns snowmobiles what region are you from what kind and do you do any racing i though it would be cool to see if any bodies love for motors carried over to other seaons.

Just this weekend a saw a turbo yamaha nytro from one stop performance 1000 cc four stroke making 600 HP and 156 miles per hour in 600 feet!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I've had a sled or sleds since age 16 (now 34). Never a winter without one.... or three.:D

I currently have an '06 Yamaha Apex GT and a '10 Yamaha Vector LTX-GT.

I also have ATV's & a turbocharged waverunner (Honda R-12x)

Here's a link to some local boys from my town (New Glarus, WI) they are hooked up with Simons CPR outa Richfield, WI who is also know for wicked turbo Yamahas. Just got to see them run two weeks ago at a local radar run. Shannon's RX-Warrior (the black & yellow one in vid) makes 500+ HP at the crank, and lays down 400ish to the track.:eek: Enjoy.

YouTube - Yamaha Racing - Simons CPR World Record 825lbs - 163.946 in 1,000ft / YAMAHA.wmv

Question, What is the fastest production sled out there today? Still faster than the ol Artic Cat thunder cat 1000's??

When we lived up in Wisconsin we had a cottage in Shawno right on the main trail and had 5 sleds.... that is the one thing I miss most....

We had:

Artic cat thunder cat 1000
Artic car el tigre 5000 (free air)
2 Yamaha phazer 2's
Yamaha trail sled for my mother

Talk about a blast!!!

If anyone knows where a nice AC Thunder Cat 1000 is for sale please let me know!

Scot W.

Question, What is the fastest production sled out there today? Still faster than the ol Artic Cat thunder cat 1000's??

When we lived up in Wisconsin we had a cottage in Shawno right on the main trail and had 5 sleds.... that is the one thing I miss most....

We had:

Artic cat thunder cat 1000
Artic car el tigre 5000 (free air)
2 Yamaha phazer 2's
Yamaha trail sled for my mother

Talk about a blast!!!

If anyone knows where a nice AC Thunder Cat 1000 is for sale please let me know!

Scot W.

Well the fastest production sled title still belongs to a Ditch Pickle:p.... however it's not a Thundercat (no such name anymore) it's called a Z1 Turbo

1000cc, Twin-Cyl, 4-stroke, with an intercooled hairdryer:cool: It produces an approximate 185 HP right off the showroom floor.

All the 800cc class sleds ( this is 800cc 2-strokes & 1,000cc 4-strokes ) make between 150-185 HP depending on aspiration type.

IMO, two stroke sleds are a dying breed with emission requirements getting tighter every year. One full throttle pull on a four stroke sled will convince anyone. Well, maybe save for the Yamaha Phazer & Ski-Doo A.C.E. they are only 60 & 80 HP.

Well the fastest production sled title still belongs to a Ditch Pickle:p.... however it's not a Thundercat (no such name anymore) it's called a Z1 Turbo

1000cc, Twin-Cyl, 4-stroke, with an intercooled hairdryer:cool: It produces an approximate 185 HP right off the showroom floor.

All the 800cc class sleds ( this is 800cc 2-strokes & 1,000cc 4-strokes ) make between 150-185 HP depending on aspiration type.

IMO, two stroke sleds are a dying breed with emission requirements getting tighter every year. One full throttle pull on a four stroke sled will convince anyone. Well, maybe save for the Yamaha Phazer & Ski-Doo A.C.E. they are only 60 & 80 HP.

One of my friends had a Z1 turbo it was the snow pro edition always was having problems with the electrical i guess a lot of those snow pro sleds caught fire

If your gonna buy a new 2 stroke i say your only way to keep up with a 4 stroke would be to get a skidoo 800 etec making 180 off the floor still getting the same mileage as a 4 stroke too.

I have 2 snowmobiles
1994 Vmax 4 750 Love that sled!
2008 skidoo 600RS. Skidoos snow cross sled

Even with a 600 you can make 180 hp it just takes race fuel and a 14:1 compression ratio lol:wink: Not really trail ride able

We have 2 Z1 Turbo's now. I just built one that makes a touch over 450HP (PTE 55MM Billet turbo). I helped a friend with one that just went 142MPH in 660' They are the Turbo Buicks of the snowmobile world, no one thinks they are this fast and everyone that does not have one either wants one or smack talks them. My trail sled that I ride everywhere and over 100 miles at a crack will run close to 120 in 660' on ice and around 100 on snow. 1.3X 60 fts too. We make intercoolers, program ECU's, do fuel systems all the stuff you guys are used too

Mike

We have 2 Z1 Turbo's now. I just built one that makes a touch over 450HP (PTE 55MM Billet turbo). I helped a friend with one that just went 142MPH in 660' They are the Turbo Buicks of the snowmobile world, no one thinks they are this fast and everyone that does not have one either wants one or smack talks them. My trail sled that I ride everywhere and over 100 miles at a crack will run close to 120 in 660' on ice and around 100 on snow. 1.3X 60 fts too. We make intercoolers, program ECU's, do fuel systems all the stuff you guys are used too

Mike

You won't hear me $hit talking a Z1 Turbo.:cool: I know what they are.

The $hit talkers are always the same ones who have a bone stock sled, just like the other 10,000 that brand "X" made, but somehow said $hit-talkers sled is the fastest of them all.:rolleyes:

I agree with you 100%, the Z1 Turbos are the TR or the sled world. They are so quiet (in stock form) and what sound does come from that twin, makes it sound like a super muffled lawnmower. But, that super muffled MTD will simply kick the living $hit outa anything that gets in its way.:biggrin::eek:

Scot W.
Hey Scott,
I have a 96 thunder cat 900, all stock pretty nice, sled runs great and I also have a ported 1050 big bore kit with PSI pipes and bored carb bodies for it. Will make over 200HP, $1100 gets the sled and $1200 for the big bore stuff & pipes and all
Mike

That Him! We supply him with lots of parts and custom stuff. We never raced him with our sled but we put down a bunch more power with his clutch tune up which he was kind enough to share with us, the stock rod was not happy with that however and gave up the fight. Only good thing that happened is that we set the fastest speed of the day before that
Mike

fast sleds

that is quick on ice, back in 95 i went 110 on a 94 cat with lot of work,
a used car dealer around bay city clams to have a quick sled
his name is jerry lacross, he hangs out on houghton lake,
i bought my first t type. one sunday when we were up there playing on the ice,
good luck oc,

Houghton Lake is where we race. OC if you ever want to ride, let me know, you have an open invite :) and we have plenty of sleds
Mike

sleds

Thanks mike, i got caught by the dnr for spraying antifreeze on my slides
nice guy he said dont come back up here leaking antifreeze on his ice,
so i loaded it up, beat paying a fine,
later oc,

Man,pretty darn cool guys! I did't have a clue that you could go have fun and go that fast with snow mobiles. Learn something new every day I guess. Thx. For sharing fellas! :cool:

Yeah, the engine technology is very similar. We can get over 400hp with unopened engines. 600hp would be worth trying if they ever get the prop technology to hold it back

that ski sounds sick cal flying in on friday the 25 and out on 28th hope too hook up my friend my sleds at the man for sleds priceless , jason is a friend and knows his ****, us and the boys would love too have u up here for a ride! one of the best tuning my car (cal) and one of the best with sleds (priceless)

Wow 600 hp,Better keep it on the track.I couldnt imagine trying to trail ride something like that.Yikes!!!!!

that ski sounds sick cal flying in on friday the 25 and out on 28th hope too hook up my friend my sleds at the man for sleds priceless , jason is a friend and knows his ****, us and the boys would love too have u up here for a ride! one of the best tuning my car (cal) and one of the best with sleds (priceless)

What sled do you have at JP's now? I have been there a lot lately.
MIke