so i drove my grand national after 5 months of sitting....

Oh, i think the thrill of it has just gone. Maybe it just needs new parts :)

Been working all winter on a 1984 hurst olds, and thats back together ready for test runs before tear down and paint...

And the 68 firebird is being painted, and assembled.

Maybe i just like putting them together.

Because it is a sun shiney day. They arent pretty, but it does bring back memories of youth :)

Attachments

• 2012-03-21_15-38-04_433.jpg
    2012-03-21_15-38-04_433.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
You just need to take a short road trip to re-bond with the car.

If that doesn't work... Well then maybe you need more boost.

~JM~

I used to feel that way in the spring. Car would sit all winter and the first 3 weeks was spent just tuning it to run right again. Very frustrating and more like owning a boat than a car. I got a second one, got it running great and now I can drive it while I work on the project car. I would put some good gas in the GN, keep it in kill mode all the time so when you want a pick me up, it is ready to go.

I thought i would put it in my gand national, after i finish the day glo green paint job.

Its actually for the hurst olds. I decided a complete restoration is in order, and why not use a low mileage engine.

I love bringing rattletrap basket cases back to life

I feel the exact opposite...after a few months without driving it I get these crazy thoughts about selling the GN, thinking about what a pain in the ass it is and how the money could be spent elsewhere. Then I drive it...and all is right once again :)

Drove my pops GN, well a GN for the first time in 2 years over the weekend. I was smiling the whole time; I can't wait to get my Gn back together.

I feel the exact opposite...after a few months without driving it I get these crazy thoughts about selling the GN, thinking about what a pain in the ass it is and how the money could be spent elsewhere. Then I drive it...and all is right once again :)

This!!

I drove the car again, and think i wrecked the torque converter. At shift points makes all sorts of wierd sounds under load. Drive it like it is a toyota, it is nice and smooth