You can type here any text you want

so it's my fuse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJ DC

i went through two fuses today with my powermaster
any ideas? only have 50,000 miles

Usually if they blow only when the motor/pump is running intermittantly it's the motor/pump drawing too much current and needs replacing.

If the motor runs too long due to a bad accumulator and only blows the fuse after 30-40 seconds of run time you may get away with a new accumulator so the pump doesn't run as long. Depends on the symptoms.

If they blow as soon as you insert them it's probably the wiring shorted but that's rare.

I got some 35A fuses online that work out okay in the GN that blew a couple of fuses in the winter when the motor/pump takes more current to work.

Never had a problem in the warm weather.

It's not the best solution and you need to make sure the wiring is in good shape as fuses protect the wires in the car.

Some have gone to 40A fuses also, more readily available, but again it's a quick fix not a long term solution, and you could fry some wires if the pump starts to draw too much current etc.

Finding a good used or new motor/pump isn't all that easy either.

the fuse did not blow right away. i blew 2 yesterday at random times. wires look good i guess i should try the 35 amp fuses and see what happens. Thank you for taking the time to write all that out for me much appreciated untill i learn all the ins and outs of my car. I used to have a 87 Monte Carlo SS with a SB400 and some NO2 i can tell you all about a car with a small block in it but i am new to all this turbo stuff.

Save yourself a whole bunch of hassle and get rid of the PowerMaster. Putting a bigger fuse into it is a good way to start a fire. Either your switch or your motor is shorting and causing the fuse to blow.

Your best bet would be to learn the install of vacuum brakes.

Plenty of how to articles at gnttype.org and here with a search.

Or pay a vendor for a rebuilt powermaster at a large sum of money.

If you are just learning about these cars and don't have the need or desire to keep the car 100% original look at the vacuum or hydroboost conversions.

The powermaster can be expensive to maintain if you need the motor/pump assembly like yours does.

Back