So there I was...

So they had turbo regals with hydraulics? Or just regular regals?

I have a lot of buddys that are into the lowrider stuff, and they love my GN. You talked about in your story the mix of muscle and lowriders. Its the same way here. The diehard lowrider boys will always appreciate a clean muscle car. Great story, seemed like a great experience as well.

Great story.

When i was 18, my first bike was a 1983 Yamaha Seca 900. Fun little bike for $700, except it had this issue, later fixed with a $2 part from the dealer, where the front brakes would begin to lock up after riding a while. As the rotors heated, the brakes would begin to grab more and more, and get hotter, etc. I was riding to the dealer to get some ideas to fix it and I stopped at the light to turn into the parking lot. When I got the green arrow, the front tire was locked up tight. Gave it some throttle to get it going and the front tire skidded and i went down. So - I am laying in the intersection, bike on my leg crawling out from under it - and the people in the turn lane behind me are honking and driving around me....

In the mean time - about 10 guys from the dealership came running, helped me up, and carried the bike out because it wouldnt roll. Then they told me about the check valve that was bad in the master cylinder and how to replace it.

I pay it back when I can - my Jeep is loaded with recovery gear - not for me - but for others. Winch, battery booster, jumper cables, tow strap, oil, etc. I help whenever and wherever I can.... I have pulled many a car out of a ditch this year alone.

Just two weeks ago I came across a semi sitting on the side of the road in the right lane - traffic merging left to go around it - radiod if he was "OK" on the CB - nothing....

i whipped around and went back - noticed the rig was running. Knocked on the door - nothing. Nobody in the drivers seat. Fearing the worst - called the cops and went in.... nobody in the cab! Here was this 18 wheeler - idling in right lane of the road, nobody in sight (thought maybe taking a leak or something).

Cops showed up about 10 minutes later - thanked me for calling it in - nobody ever came back while I was there.... Wierd. never did find out what happened.

So they had turbo regals with hydraulics? Or just regular regals?

2 had TB's. The guy who towed me and aother guy. They seemed to be pretty much stock with bolt on's.

TJ,

That sounds pretty weird about the semi. But paying it forward is a good thing. But there was on time where I went to stop to give a hand and the old man chased me back to my truck. I figured he was mental. Kinda laughed about it cuz he was moving pretty fast.:biggrin:

2 had TB's. The guy who towed me and aother guy. They seemed to be pretty much stock with bolt on's.

TJ,

That sounds pretty weird about the semi. But paying it forward is a good thing. But there was on time where I went to stop to give a hand and the old man chased me back to my truck. I figured he was mental. Kinda laughed about it cuz he was moving pretty fast.:biggrin:

Everytime someone talks about "crazy old man or lady" kinda stuff, I always picture the cat lady from the Simpsons....

Wow......great story!! Goes to show ya there's still some GOOD people out there. That probably wouldn't happen that way where I live (Connecticut). In fact, I broke down (crank sensor) about 5 years ago on RT 20 in Windsor Locks in my 87 Turbo T(Rt20 is THE major highway getting to the airport) and counted no less then 12 State Troopers that passed me up on the side of the road WITHOUT STOPPING!! Now mind you I had my hood up and flashers on and couldn't get ONE to stop and help!! :mad: Finally a guy in a 5.0 Mustang stopped (thanks Steve!!) and offered me a ride to a gas station that had a tow truck but I wasn't going to leave me baby on the side of a highway soo I asked him if he would just tell them to send a flatbed. He did, and after about another hour they showed up. I now carry a CELL PHONE and some extra critical parts(crank sensor, hoses, Coil pak) in the trunk. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN!! Great story...................Ken B.

I'm still lost. What's a Cholos? Please define. Great story. Good thing you kept an open mind.
These are Cholos. Great story by the way. ;)
cholo.jpg

Hot Tub

Glad they didn't invite you to the Hot Tub after gettin your car started.:D You'd found out what chorizo is!

Doesnt this remind you of the scene from the movie "training day", when they were playing poker in the kitchen.

Cholo, asks if he's ever had his stool pushed in?

Consider yourself lucky that you met the right guys and not the other ones!!!

Glad this story didn't go sour! When you got to the part "when I WOKE UP" I was thinking the worst. :rolleyes: