So which 1987 turbo car do I have?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
My car.....

Is not a Grand National

Does not have the W02 blackout package

Doesn't say WE4 on the trunk lid

Yet the car DOES have the LC2 option and the Y56 option, both listed on the trunk lid sticker.

I know it's not a limited, the vin has J47 in it, which dictates a Regal.

I always tought it was considered a Turbo T.

But yet I keep seeing and hearing a true Turbo T has the WE4 code.:confused:

Ok now I am confused. What does this make my car?

Thanks.

The different Turbo Regal's made in 87 are the GNX, the GN (WE2 code), the Turbo T (WE4 code), the Turbo Regal Limited, and the base Turbo Regal. So you have a base Turbo Regal.

HTH
David
87GN

Yup, a Turbo Regal with the T package, but isn't a Turbo T. However, I call mine a Turbo T, it has a Turbo and a T on the fender. It's a Turbo T in my book, even if it's not a WE4. I wouldn't worry about it too much other than some WE4 owners. No one knows what a Turbo Regal is anyways since it doesn't look like a Grand National.

You guys are real close but.........Buick calls the Non-GN, WE4, GNX, Limited's, .....Base Regal w/Turbo. In other words its a base Regal with the 'Turbo Package'. I always thought they were called Turbo T's until recently. Go figure...................................Ken B.

Darn and here I thought I had something. Now I know why people were telling me I'd kick myself for selling a Chevelle for a Regal.

Darn and here I thought I had something. Now I know why people were telling me I'd kick myself for selling a Chevelle for a Regal.

Nothing wrong with what you have. A Turbo Regal is nothing to scoff at.

If you are missing the chevelle, Buick has a similar A-body called the Skylark.

Nothing wrong with what you have. A Turbo Regal is nothing to scoff at.

If you are missing the chevelle, Buick has a similar A-body called the Skylark.

No you're right, just a lot of people laughed when I told them i was selling my Chevelle for a "turbo" Regal.

I would like to find myself a Skylark, if by then the prices aren't out of the common mans reach.

Yup, a Turbo Regal with the T package, but isn't a Turbo T.

The different Turbo Regal's made in 87 are the GNX, the GN (WE2 code), the Turbo T (WE4 code), the Turbo Regal Limited, and the base Turbo Regal. So you have a base Turbo Regal.

Ok, but wouldn't a base Regal not have a T on the sides of the fenders? And wouldn't a base Regal not have the Y56 option?

Otherwise I fugure a base Regal with the LC2 engine would have the bulge in the hood but not the T package.

Ok, but wouldn't a base Regal not have a T on the sides of the fenders? And wouldn't a base Regal not have the Y56 option?

Otherwise I fugure a base Regal with the LC2 engine would have the bulge in the hood but not the T package.

To be able to get the LC2 the car also had to be equipped with the Y56(Touring Package hence the "T" on the fenders). The Y56 was also available with out the LC2.

To be able to get the LC2 the car also had to be equipped with the Y56(Touring Package hence the "T" on the fenders). The Y56 was also available with out the LC2.

So there's no such thing as a plain jane Regal with the LC2 engine for 1987? I was thinking that's what they meant by a base Regal with the LC2 option....a bulging hood and wire covers or 5 spoke Buick rallys...:confused:

Yup, a Turbo Regal with the T package, but isn't a Turbo T. However, I call mine a Turbo T, it has a Turbo and a T on the fender. It's a Turbo T in my book, even if it's not a WE4. I wouldn't worry about it too much other than some WE4 owners. No one knows what a Turbo Regal is anyways since it doesn't look like a Grand National.

My thoughts exactly! I call mine a Turbo T for the same reasons. It's not like we're calling them a WE4 or a Monte Carlo so who cares? Like you said it's a Turbo and it has a T on the fender therefor it's a Turbo T :biggrin:

So there's no such thing as a plain jane Regal with the LC2 engine for 1987? I was thinking that's what they meant by a base Regal with the LC2 option....a bulging hood and wire covers or 5 spoke Buick rallys...:confused:

As plain as it gets is the LC2 with the Y56. The Y56 included the 'turbine' wheels. The LC2 included the bulge in the hood as well as requiring air conditioning.

Don't feel bad. When I got my Regal, my freinds got a good chuckle out of calling it a "Poor man's Grand National." Turbo Regals usually get a bad rap from paople (like my freinds) who are ignorant about cars.

I hate the stupid Turbo T arguement, but here goes. Just because Buick said the WE4 was a Turbo T doesn't mean that non-WE4's are not Turbo T's.

All Regals are Buicks, but not all Buick are Regals.

The name is what people call them and back then, we all called them T Types anyway.

Yep. :)

Don't worry about your car, just think of all the cool color options, roof treatments, light options such as opera lamps, cornering lamps, pinstripes, chrome trim, etc. that you couldn't get with the WE4 and WE2's.

Don't diss any car with the LC2 in it. :eek:

Unless it's got that hideous disco brothel burgundy interior in it. :eek: :D

Attachments

• 000_0002 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    000_0002 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 252
I always refer to my car as a Regal T to the Buick crowd. But I guess that's a little confusing too because there are V8 Regal Ts out there. But when I'm on the street I have to call it a T-type or no one has a clue what I'm talking about. Either that or it's a white Grand National. ;)