so you wanna cut some grass

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
we just got a new bednife grinder at the shop last week and thought I'd show you guys (mechanics) how we sharpen our cutting units (reels)
this is a true cut and is how we can mow at ultra low heights : as low as an 1/8 inch on greens

Attachments

• Video 6.mov.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • Video 5.mov.zip
    747.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Video 4.mov.zip
    772 KB · Views: 25
I always wanted a gang reel setup and steering sulky for my Gravely.

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_iu(4).jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_iu(4).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 64
that's old school right there , we still run a 7 gang rough mower LOL

Probably the early 60s. Mowing equipment has come a long way since back then.

ooh yeah my fairway units cost more than a decent truck now, ridiculous!!! my oldest stuff just tractors are from late 80's but they are the best have ground speed controlled PTO and engine speed PTO , new suck with emission stuff on them have to do burn off's on the exhaust system. Soon I will have robots mowing my greens bc no kids want to work anymore LOL

I sold ope in the early 2000s and I'm sure a lot has changed since then . I like my old Gravely stuff. Not for manicuring but it is tough and with maintenance I'm sure it will out last me. I love to mow. Takes me to a different world. I'm doing a four wheel tractor with a 50" deck even though my lot is too small for that walk behind with the 30".

Attachments

• MVC-005S (1).JPG
    MVC-005S (1).JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 8128rear.JPG
    8128rear.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 45
very cool , I got a lot of mowing for ya LOL
good ole Texas boy , I'm from Lawton OK the armpit of America as Barry switzer would say

See now i thought the "Grass Doctor " meant something else;)
I know a lot of people do that , that was my call name on my offshore north Florida fishing forum too, when I was into that grueling hobby ,haha ,they use to say my boat was always leaving a smoke trail to the honey holes, until they got to know me ,it was quite amusing messing with people !! just have a few cocktails from time to time :cool:

that's one fine yard moochine right there.move on down to palm Jersey (palm coast FL) and come on out the The creek course at hammock dunes club and ill put you to work:D

Steerings a bit too loose for that drinking stuff takes two hands to control that beast, I think it's the same year as my Buick 1987. :p

Got a free looking brand new deck 30" for it, my buddies kid races them and the craftsman 5 speed transmission is the only one that holds up to 50-100 HP they make racing, he scored two machines for $10 like new at an auction.
20180810_161840.jpg

First deck rotted away, it's never been in a shed, garage etc. but I do have a tarp to throw over it in the winter. :)

Side view is SEXY, note the screwdriver holder for adjusting the carb on the fly. :cool:

The shifters out back on top of the transmission, that big lever engages a bunch of pulleys and belts for the blade, and of course the governor on the raging 8 HP engine.

I'm sure a grass doctor can tell that it takes a stout machine to mow down a yard of crabgrass and tree roots. ;)

here's a stout moochine : 1989 model ready for restoration :LOL::LOL: fires up every morning

IMG_2008.JPG

I like that one, but I only have .33 acres, and I don't think my tire spoons will work on those front tires. ;)

I don't see anything that needs restoring however, just drive it. :cool: