You can type here any text you want

Solid lifter question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
I have (2) different set of solid roller lifters now. One is a full body type and the other is the kind that has half the upper part machined away. (I'll try to get some pictures later.)

My questions:

What makes a solid lifter unable to work in a Stage 1 motor? If I keep the lift at the cam moderate, can I use these? What is different about those ballyhooed "shielded foot" lifters that you can supposedly run in a stock block?

Another thing, those stock block compatible lifters... I've read several times that they can only work on cams of less than .500" lift. Is that at the cam or valve? What ratio and who cares? Tell me what the maximum cam lobe lift can be. If I need more lift, I'll use higher ratio lifters.

Thanks,

Roger

I have teh same block as you, The problem you run into is tha when the lifter raises up on hte cam lobe it opens the oil galley and dumps off oil(Bad thing) I had a set of shielded foot crane lifters and they would not work with my 544 lift cam, But i was told that if i bought a smaller cam or had one ground with a real low base circle they would work, If you dont already have hte cam have one ground that way.I was unable to use them, But i am having a set of hydraulic ones modified over the winter to make them solid.The only thing i wont gain is that a real solid lifter is much lighter than a converted one
Hope this helps

Strange i have been using crane solid lfiters for about 3 years, in my stock block with a pte 224 hyd roller cam at 545 lift. Believe me it works, dontr go past 545 lift at 1.5 rocker though!

I dont mean to jack thread but norbs what seat pressure on springs are you running?Is your cam billet or nodular?Do you have a part# for those lifters?

Its a billet roller, 224 cam from PTE and i am using k- motion k-750 tool steel springs, with 135 seat pressure. I think with an installed height of 1.700. I think the number is 62518-12 . Crane Run .006/.008 lash max its a hyd roler cam with solid lifters, and the knock sensor works fine, no false knock.

thanks i'm really thinking of going to 224/224 nod roller w/solid lifters. ill have to get comp to custom grind it i guess.

I got my 224 cam from Reed cams, Ask for Dennis, Mine is setup for solid roller, but is still considered a hydauilic roller, I got the specs from Duttweiler for the cam

Back