solid roller cam question!

tybob

hi , i want chnge my hydrolique roller cam for a solid roller !it is a good idee or the knock senser dont like thats ! what you use for cam to make more the 650 hp on a 109 ! i buy the news pt70 gtq dual ball bearing turbo ! and i want a very good street/strip cam !i run a accel too !thanks tybob

I have a hydraulic ductile roller in my car and I make more than 650 HP. Call Mike at Full Throttle. He can help you out.

I wouldnt consider a solid roller if i planned on making less than 800hp at the flywheel. Were flying on the small hydraulic rollers. No need to complicate something that is seemingly easy these days. With that turbo you shouldnt need more than 220 degrees at .050in and .540 lift to get it done.

ok so what is a good roller cam i can go to have the better deal whit my set up !....i check on comp cam but the bigger is 212/218 @.50 roller !mayby someone make something better for my set up !some guys talk about 110 degree or something like that ! i am a little bit confuse whit this new turbo !i don't want to spend a lot of money for nothing !and run slower !any idee:cool: tybob

Dan Strezo at DLS can help you with a cam selection, as can Cotton's, Hartline, and many of the other vendors. Bison's right- you don't need a whole lot of cam in a turbo car......

yeah i know i don't need a big cam but just the right one:biggrin: what you guys think about the new cam spring.....

yeah i know i don't need a big cam but just the right one:biggrin: what you guys think about the new cam spring.....
You can easily hit 650hp with the 212-212. I did 559hp and 706tq at 25 psi with a 72 p-trim, iron heads, stock MAF with one screen, and a Turbotweak chip. I could have gone a lot further on the same setup with just the FAST and a little more boost. I think i would have hit about 620 at the wheels if i had the FAST on at that time at 28-29psi . You will need more than 72's to max out the combo with the 70 GTQ. I think theres a 218-218 comp grind that will suit you well.

Solid roller

I'm happy with my solid roller 224/224. Everyone comments on how it sounds "bad ass", which is good and bad. :wink:
But it's really about overall combo. On a more street then strip car, I'd go hyd just for less maint.

. You will need more than 72's to max out the combo with the 70 GTQ. I think theres a 218-218 comp grind that will suit you well.

hi bison ,i have a set of 95' also i can change my 72'for the 95'....i have the accel dfi and a alky! my plant is to run 700rwhp :biggrin: it is possible whit a hydrolick or i lost my time ! i know the mecanic is more powerfold but i need to reajuste them all time ! in a gn whit the a/c is more difficult !:rolleyes:

hi bison ,i have a set of 95' also i can change my 72'for the 95'....i have the accel dfi and a alky! my plant is to run 700rwhp :biggrin: it is possible whit a hydrolick or i lost my time ! i know the mecanic is more powerfold but i need to reajuste them all time ! in a gn whit the a/c is more difficult !:rolleyes:
Ive seen one TSM engine with a small hydraulic roller like a 218 go 683whp at 25 psi. It later went nearly 140 mph weighing 3600lbs at 28 psi. You may be able to make more hp with a solid a little easier but it will require more maintenance and more stall. If your not running a class id go for a tangential 4 bolt exhaust housing. You will be able to get significantly more out of the combo without the exhaust restriction. Im working on a similar set up to yours and hoping to hit at least 140mph with the 4 bolt and a hydraulic cam.

Id get my heads flowed to know where I was at before I did a cam change.DLS can help you with both.Personally,I dont like solids because of the constant valve adjustment.After speaking with Dan I also decided to buy 885 roller lifters vs the 883's I already had.

There is no need for a solid cam unless this is a full effort strip only car. The Hyd cams out there can support your goals. :cool:

If you insist on a solid roller, you will need shileded foot lifters and a small base circle cam.

BTW my old TSM motor made Made over 630 RWHP on a 214/214 hyd from DLS.