solid roller lifters

TurboTR

sprayhead
Having a few problems. One, the lifter bore clearance is too big at about 0.0035", so the S2 block (from Duttweiler) will have to be re-bushed. We already had to redo the line bore. Two, the Comp Super Roller lifters are riding down about 0.400" below the top of the lifter bores at the lowest point. About 0.050" down at max lift. This is the "cutaway w/ oil band" style lifter. We need offset lifters and I don't see them in the Comp catalog available with offset in a solid body style. Anyone have input on this? Another mfg? Who? I think we'd prefer the lifters ride taller in the bores if possible. TIA!

TurboTR

Rollerz

Todd, I am in the CC catalog and see there are lifters called ENDURE-X, made specifically for street use. They are made w/ a .300 taller body... They also say there are more brgs in the roller to enhance life and a special oiling system to help w/ low rpm on the street. Part# 866. I don't see the offsets listed, however, a call to CC could result in offset cups in the above lifters??
There is also a "ford" lifter called out at a dia. of .874.. could be used instead of rebushing???
In the FWIW dept, Bob Mustic, [rmustic@aol.com] had problems w/ the bronze bushings in his stage in his COBRA... They wound up using cast iron bushings. Mite want to e him and get the details...;)

HTH,
Chuck

Yeah man those Endurex were my 1st choice too but no offsets available! That's when we went to the Supers. Also was considering the Ford lifters too- good call :) Has anyone else here run an 0.874" lifter bore with an S2 block? I wonder if they place the oil ring and all in the right spot though?

Is there a thread here regarding Mustic's bronze bushing issues? Also, anyone use offset lifters from other mfgr's here?

TurboTR

Well after sleeving the pushrod holes and some massaging my engine guy says that we can probably uses centered lifters, which opens up some options. The excess lifter body clrnc is still an issue so we're thinking about going to a larger dia Ford lifter with a full body. Anyone here run the Ford size lifters in their S2?

TurboTR

lifters

i have a box of crowler lifters new, 12 ea they are for a ford, the label on the box says buick v 6 they are new, if you can use them i take 100.00 for them, i have a motor that was a carb ,motor the man igot it from said he turned it to 9000 rpm it has brass bushings in the lifter bores, buick size. he said he had no problem with them, oc,

Well I appreciate that. But we are in the process of indexing and bushing the lifter bores, and they will be stock size again.

TurboTR