Some pictures for you guys

10secvega

This is the FMIC
http://www.knights-rule.com/albums/Fast-Vega/frontmount1.jpg

This is the alt bracket,belt routing,rad hose mock up,and outlet side of intercooler routing.
http://www.knights-rule.com/albums/Fast-Vega/belt.jpg

This is the important one!!!!Need some feed back?Just got part of the downpipe mocked up.Whats going to happen from here is there will be a 90.go straight down (after i tunnel the fire wall)then another 90 with a 3bolt header flange to go the the exhaust.
http://www.knights-rule.com/cgi/gallery/Fast-Vega/downpipe

The only thing I would be worried about with sharp 90's is that is where a failure in the pipe will occur (would be hot too right against the firewall). It won't happen right away either but eventually. I don't think it will hurt performance much due to the size of the pipe. A friend of mine took the stock elbow and milled off the housing so was just left with the flange. He then fabbed up a Terry Houston type pipe. It might buy ya a little room. The rest of the stuff look really nice too. Should be a screamer!

As always I am excited to see your updates. Are you planning on running the exhaust out the back?? Also, there doesn't appear to be much room between the up-pipe and the radiator-What are your plans on cooling fan??

Thanks
Zak

The only thing I would be worried about with sharp 90's is that is where a failure in the pipe will occur (would be hot too right against the firewall).
The pipe will be coated,Plus it's pretty heavy gauge exhaust pipe.That DP will be going through the Firewall.The firewall will be channelled than boxed back in.Then it will be insulated inside and out.

As always I am excited to see your updates. Are you planning on running the exhaust out the back?? Also, there doesn't appear to be much room between the up-pipe and the radiator-What are your plans on cooling fan??

My plans for the exhaust is a 3 inch all the way out the back.I should be able to tuck it up next to the torque arm in the tunnel.Run it straight back over the rear to a Dynomax race bullet muffler.Then the tailpipe will come out the drivers side right behind the rear tire.
The spahl fan electric fan just fits,It kept my SB cool so hopefully the same for the Buick.

Update as often as something big changes. My boss had a V8 Vega when he was in high school. He still has it today rotting in the back lot of his auto repair shop...same color as yours.

The real good news is a start my new job on monday.I was making $300 a week before.Now i should be making $5-600 a week plus bonuses.I built a 10 sec car on a very limited budget.Think of what i can do on a real budget!!! :eek:

I want to finish up this install,then work out any bugs.Then i'll go for broke.Think i've got enough intercooler for a te66?

10secvega said:
I want to finish up this install,then work out any bugs.Then i'll go for broke.Think i've got enough intercooler for a te66?
intercooler should be fine for that turbo, but I would reconsider the down pipe with that restrictive stock elbow. no matter how much porting you do on it, it's still going to be like blowing through a straw compared to a mandrel bend.

TurboIndian said:
intercooler should be fine for that turbo, but I would reconsider the down pipe with that restrictive stock elbow. no matter how much porting you do on it, it's still going to be like blowing through a straw compared to a mandrel bend.
I'm looking for a Terry Houston style downpipe as we speak.

10secvega said:
I'm looking for a Terry Houston style downpipe as we speak.

You will not regret it, anything is better than the stock elbow. How much does the car weigh?

Prasad