You can type here any text you want

Some tuning issues HELP!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blueta

Ok, first off I replaced my 60psi pump with a 100psi unit. I tested the pressure and it spikes up to past 100psi and then gradually goes to 90psi and stayed there. So I figured that's ok. Next I'm running a "m3" nozzle from coolingmist on ebay. I said the car was making in the area of 350-400RWHP and that's the one he sent. Soooooo I was tuning a little around the track ;) and at the beginning of 3rd I'm getting about 3*kr @22-23psi and then I let off. My o2 is at 816 and fuel pressure is 43 w/line off. TPS is set ok, and everything else seems fine too. I have a lubrant chip that supposivly locks the blm's at 128 and is either 19 or 20* and for 93 octane (which I run). I was getting like 17-18psi before the alky with the less kr. I need some help with making this thing make more psi and less kr!

Cooling mist on ebay sold you the nozzle. What did they have to say?

I sent them an email but didn't hear back yet. I'll send them another one.

too small of a nozzel?

It just sounds like your running out of fuel ,that te-60 sucks alot of air too. Your O2s are starting to lean out too it looks like. I would say bigger nozzel like a m10 at least. Most kits come with a m15 or m10 so I think you got way to small of nozzel. If you know anyone that has a bigger nozzel you could try out and see how that works. What is your alky set up?

Ok, I heard back today. the jet is 3.9 gallons per hour. As far as the name "m3" I'm not sure if that is the same as other kits or not, that's why I got the flow for it. Alky setup is just a shurflo 100psi pump, solenoid, and the jet. 1/4" hose. Pretty basic DIY kit. Anyone know what my jet compares to? Is it too small w/that gph?
Just checked out the other gph jets this company sells:
These are all tested at 100psi. Any ideas?

Nozzle is way too small.

See you undertook a project without doing any research or asking any questions before you started. Now essentially you have a mess to deal with. And want a quick fix after others have obviously led you in the wrong direction.

As a blanket statement, play with the m10 or m15 nozzles and see which one your motor responds to best. From that point you'll mess with pump pressure to dial in system best you can. And balance transitional knock with bogging trying to find the sweet spot for turning on the system. In the process of doing this you mess with the fueling on the car to keep tight air fuel ratios so it doesnt fall on its face or knock... piece of cake.

well I researched mostly by doing searches but since this type of nozzle isn't on here I guess I got the wrong one. Now I guess I'll just upgrade to the 10-15gph nozzles. Thanks!

blueta said:
well I researched mostly by doing searches but since this type of nozzle isn't on here I guess I got the wrong one. Now I guess I'll just upgrade to the 10-15gph nozzles. Thanks!

How did your searching lead you to buying the M3 nozzle?

Guess I miswrote that. What I should have said was that I did not know how the nozzles were rated at as compared to their names. Now I figured out that the name is what they are rated at. I'm retarted I know :cool: Anyway they guy I got the nozzle from recommended that size with my mods. :mad: Now know better to ask here first since you guys have been doing this long enough and can get me in the ballpark the first time. Thanks guys like always!

Back