You can type here any text you want

Something i noticed about hte MSD DIS4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

While testing at Atco today i tuned my car around 11.0 to 1 air fuel and my ex temps were around 1710 all day.

For the heck of it i bypassed the MSD, It is the only change i made, and the car ran an a/f of 10.8 and my ex temps were only 1510 on 2 passes.

Is the MSD with the extra spark making me think the ex is to hot< I have to believe if it reads 1710 it is 1710. not taking a chance of leaning it out to much

and i did plug it back in and it wnet right back to 1710

Was wondering if any one noticed this

Was there any performance change that was noticed when disconnecting the MSD?I just wonder that with a reduction in temps & the A/F going a little richer if your perf. dropped off. I have always been under the impression that an A/F of11.5 to 12.5 produces the best power on a turbo engine along with that
you would see a rise in EGT's, More horsepower generates more heat, It's unavoidable. I have asked this question before & would like to know what luck others are haveing with this issue?

it went for a steady 10.00 at 138 to a 10.60 at 128.00,so it did drop off quite a bit
But i also didnt retune after that ,Jus curios why it would be so much hotter with the msd.

Absolutly no other changes were made

With a CD, the initial flame kernel is more intense.

Unplugging it effectively retarded the timing. Amazing to see that much of a drop thou. It might be a combination thou, of timing, and just running out of ignition. When you start eating up your reserve firing voltage then the motor will start going *flat*. With the poorer spark, and lameness then the O2 would indicate a *richness*, since the fuel wasn't burning as well.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
While testing at Atco today i tuned my car around 11.0 to 1 air fuel and my ex temps were around 1710 all day.

For the heck of it i bypassed the MSD, It is the only change i made, and the car ran an a/f of 10.8 and my ex temps were only 1510 on 2 passes.

Is the MSD with the extra spark making me think the ex is to hot< I have to believe if it reads 1710 it is 1710. not taking a chance of leaning it out to much

and i did plug it back in and it wnet right back to 1710

Was wondering if any one noticed this

Congratulations on the 9! =)
What kind of boost are we talking about?

otto didnt say that he put another hamster on the running wheel! thats the only reason he got the 9. :D

Originally posted by LV GN
otto didnt say that he put another hamster on the running wheel! thats the only reason he got the 9. :D

Tell them the truth, I kept making passes with Len in the car,And it wasnt until i made hiom get out that i got the 9;)

Back