You can type here any text you want

Sony Xplode

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drew L

Gerry Attrick
That stuff is everywhere, Walmart, K-mart, Best Buy and so on. It also seems to be reasonably priced. Is it any good? I have been paying attention to the advice given. In my case, just a speaker upgrade for now. Thoughts? Thanks, Drew

Originally posted by Drew L
That stuff is everywhere, Walmart, K-mart, Best Buy and so on. It also seems to be reasonably priced. Is it any good? I have been paying attention to the advice given. In my case, just a speaker upgrade for now. Thoughts? Thanks, Drew

I personally haven't installed or used that line but I have heard alot of negative comments on the various sound forums about the poor sound performance and longevity of the Xplod line. Its designed primarily for entry level users. The price is reasonable but the overall quality is not worth saving a few bucks. Just my .03 cents.

If its in the sound department of K-mart and Wal-mart........................nuff said! ;) :p :D

That's what I wanted to hear, honesty. For a few bucks more or les there is a ton of stuff available. Thanks for the input. Drew:)

There's Xplode and then there is Xplode.

When the line first came out it was Sony's high end. Now they have trickled down to the lower levels. I have one of the early high end head units and I use it constantly and its never caused a problem. Maybe I have been lucky but I have heard that lower end Sony's are not the best. The features on mine are great with pre-outs for front rear and sub. Separate high and low pass filtering within the head unit for each set of speakers. Good power for a head unit too. I have seen the bottom of the line units which are pretty plain in comparison.

Yes, I have seen some of the stuff currently available using the xplode logo and coloring but not the same as what i have seen in other stores. Good to know. Thanks Drew

I wouldn't say the stuff is garbage but you get what you pay for. I have a sony xplod CDX-CA750x its one of the better of the xplode line, it fits what i need it for. I also have xplod ES seriers amps in my SS. The class D amp is very duarable and haven't had any problems with it. It all depends on your definition of "sounding good" someone who is into stereos will have a different opinion than a random person. I also have alot of pioneer products in my cars and those are available everywhere, is there something wrong with those too? Its all in how you see it, some people's defintion on cheap might be expensive to me. work with your budget and your goals to compromise. Sony sells a TON of the xplode line so if it was complete garbage people would stop buying it. Just do a little homework and find out what the specs, and expansion features are. Don't buy one just cause it looks good.

I have an Xplod 760 i popp'd it once and sent it to sony they warrantied it without charge (had it for over a year and no receipt) and it has been flawless since... it's pushing my deck speakers

Here is a little F.Y.I but I am friends with a former co-worker who is a manager at Best Buy now and I asked him about the quality of Sony Xplode line and he said that it sells very well because of the price but it is the "highest" warranty return product in the car audio department compared to the other brands that they sell. those statistics would make me run in the opposite direction. I have heard more bad than good on the Xplode line. Maybe there is a "bad batch" being produced?? :confused:

I checked my model number is is a CDX-C8050, how does place compared to yours?

I've had an Xplod head for almost 3 years now and havent had any problems w/ it. Sounds very good, not the greatest but just wanted to stick in my .02

my brother got me some Xplod 6x9's a couple years ago. i thought they sounded pretty good all things considered. this was before they started selling em at walmart though. they had nice bass, not so much midrange clarity though. now i've got polk exII's and its like listening to a different song. there is so much more clarity in my polk's that make me really appreciate quality. and i also have a xplod head unit...... the nice one, and it's currently shorted out..which leads me to a question.......

Good dialoge and information

This thread has been very helpful. Have I seen somewhere that many of you guys would agree that MOST anything that is currently available is better than the stock stuff that is in my GN? (speaker wise) Thanks drew

I.M.O...the factory delco CS2 speaker system...does a good job...yes it needs more clean power!...but... they used 1 pair of hi freq drivers up front!..think about that!...not in the door...not in the rear deck!..:confused:...joe

they used 1 pair of hi freq drivers up front!..think about
Thats because that is the best spot for them, given the options. High freqs comming from the rear is as outdated as the Lava lamp (70's). Putting high freq drivers in the bottom of the doors facing each other does not make much more sense..... So in the dash is probably the best option.

Originally posted by Drew L

What exactly are you looking to buy ?

Like ANYTHING on the market there is good and bad out there, I sell Sony at work and like everthing out there some of it fails, but so does every other brand.

I have never had a faulty sony amp or subwoofer and there are alot of their decks that have never failed.

Branding Sony as crap because of a few bad products is like condeming GN's because GM has made some bad cars.

If you want opinions on something, be a little more specific so people can give you the proper info you require.

just a speaker upgrade for now

over a stock setup. I didn't refference any model #'s for the Xplode line available at the Wal-Marts and K-Marts, you are right there. What I can tell you is the 6x9's these stores are selling are in the $60-$70 range if that clears things up any. I appologize for any confusion. Drew

Back