You can type here any text you want

sound deadener

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mike86ttype

LOW ALKY!!! AGAIN?
Has anybody use sound deadener in the regal and if so what kind. im thinkin about useing the seel n peal stuff from homedepot on the floor and some real stuff on the doors

The roofing material (NOT the asphault stuff) works just dandy!

You can get a whole roll of it for like 50 bux... would do at least one entire car completely over.

Phil

Dynomat! You get what you pay for. That roofing stuff ain't dyonmat:tongue:

Forget about using realstuff (junks up a car QUICK!)... but as far as dynomat is concerned - I guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between it and the roofing mtl of the same thickness - ESPECIALLY in a 1987 Buick. Audiophilism is 99.9% 'in the brain' so to speak. And you're right, you do get what you pay for! Dynomat is 10 times more expensive - that pays for lots of advertising, a fancy silkscreen on the material, and some fancy packaging. I've used both - I'd never spend the extra $ on dynomat again.

And of course, this is all just my opinion. :D

Phil

Use the roofing material is you want the interior of your car to smell like asphalt for a few months. :rolleyes: Been there, done that, lesson learned. Dynamat Extreme is vinyl based (think floor tile) with a 5 mil thick aluminum backing.
John

What roofing mtl makes it smell like asphault? The vinyl stuff I used doesn't make my car smell like anything. :confused: I guess I'm in the wrong forum though. CYA!

Phil

Why not just Rynoline the whole inside of the car:redface:

dynomat, who cares about price? i'm not rich, but dont mind spending on quality. when I did the elky, I sandblasted the whole interrior cabin, then layed down a coat of some sound deadening spray( I forgot what it was called, kind of rubbery, but hard) then I did the new under carpet padding. In the spare tire compartment/ subwoofer area:D I layed dynomat on the top, which would be a peice of sheet metal that is the bed:eek: and around under the back window. I can bump the windows out before the car rattles. Also kills alot of engine noise from the exhaust, when I'm cruising on the highway, its nice and quiet with the windows up:)

Back