You can type here any text you want

source for TTA oil sending unit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
Occasionally my fuel pump will continue to run after the ignition switch is turned off. I've replaced the fuel pump switch on the fire wall and that didn't fix it. That leaves the oil sending unit next to the oil filter to change. I went to my dealer and he gave me a switch for a GN....That is not the same switch. He reseaarched for a couple days and couldn't find another part number. Anybody know of a source for that oil sending unit by the oil filter?

Razor, you were looking for a source, did you find one?

TIA

lee

What part number did they give you? I think the number your looking for is p/n 10201491 I bet they gave you p/n 25036378 if so that's the one on the brass fitting. HTH. Jason

Yeah mine does the same thing. It is because at 4psi oil pressure it is designed to turn on the fuel pump in case I believe the pump relay doesn't work. I also noticed when I run 20w-50 it is a lot worse especially if the oil doesn't get warmed up real good.

Jas89TTA said:
What part number did they give you? I think the number your looking for is p/n 10201491 I bet they gave you p/n 25036378 if so that's the one on the brass fitting. HTH. Jason

Correct. P/N is a 10201491 ;)

Was available a month ago. I bought one then.

HTH

Oil sending unit replacement

Since I got Lee's car, the pump is still acting up. I got the part and was wondering what is the best way to change it? Does it need to be done during oil change only? Does it leak oil once its pulled out? Its there a socket size of wrench size for this sending unit? Thanks in advance.

I think I used a special "sending unit socket" I've had the socket so long I don't remember where I got it. It may leak alittle, been too many years since I changed mine

Veesixx said:
Since I got Lee's car, the pump is still acting up. I got the part and was wondering what is the best way to change it? Does it need to be done during oil change only? Does it leak oil once its pulled out? Its there a socket size of wrench size for this sending unit? Thanks in advance.
Roy, I'd take the filter off and have more room to work under there. The oil lost would be much less that way. Let us knkow how it works out. :)

Fixed!!!

I replaced the oil sending sensor and the fuel pump is not staying on anymore :)

Thanks guys for all your input.

Lee, I will bill you for the part and labor... :biggrin: just kidding..but thanks for you input on the my oil questions too.

TTA oil sender

.. and just for this record..and incase yours is crook.. the connector for this can by found by getting hold of GM # PT121..

Resurecting an old thread as I HAVE the same problem "fuel pump runs for a few seconds after shut off" and I replaced the Sending unit thinking that was it and NO GO - same problem!!

What Next - Bad Hot wire relay (6 months old) or fuel pump relay on the firewall???

Thanks!

TClassic said:
Resurecting an old thread as I HAVE the same problem "fuel pump runs for a few seconds after shut off" and I replaced the Sending unit thinking that was it and NO GO - same problem!!

What Next - Bad Hot wire relay (6 months old) or fuel pump relay on the firewall???

Thanks!
The way I understand it, there are only two relays in the fuel pump circuit: The fuel pump relay on the firewall in front of the driver, and the oil pressure switch near the oil filter....The fan relay is not very expensive....:) If it shuts off after a few seconds, I don't know if I'd even worry about it. :)

lee

TClassic said:

Thanks!

Thanks Lee, what I MEANT to say was "replaced the Oil Pressure Gauge switch"
under the filter - and still have Run On -- only when cold though....

Are you saying before you start your car, the fuel pump primes the lines? I thought this was normal.

Jason

Jason,

Yes, that s normal.. No, my problem is that AFTER I shut the car OFF, it runs for a few Seconds!!

Fuel pump runs till the fuel pressure is gone I beleive ... just if you need to fire it up again. That's how mine is but only for a couple of seconds or so .... can't try mine at the moment as the engine is coming out.

Back