Southern Boosted Showdown November 9th-10th Reynolds GA

Any dates for 2013?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I talked to Holly Hartline about this last month. She said that since the participation was so low last year which caused them to lose a lot of money, they won't be having it this year. I was quite disappointed with this as I've gone every year since it's only a 4 hour drive from my house. She did say that if people and sponsors raised just over $4000 they would help out with the rest of the bill for the event.

I hate to see this event fall out of the picture. Although having been to this event with each of my cars, one being naturally aspirated, I was turned off a little last year. I do understand trying tobring in other vehcles to help cover the cost. I think this is one example of how our events are dying out as there are getting too any to choose which we will attend. Our cars are getting older, the owners are gtting older, everything costs so much more and our time is not as free as it used to be.

I will continue to monitor this thread to see if anything changes.

Mike

I go every year.Car was down last year so I didn't race.I liked having other cars to race.Vetts Rustangs all welcome.Need to get it away from Halloween weekend.I think that's been hurting it.

I'm watching this...... I'm pretty new to this (3yrs) and I love my car..... I wouldn't race it but I could....... I would still bring my car out and pay to see whats out there and maybe pick up some parts ?

It was fun picking on the stangs.Diesel trucks also fun to watch.My GN should be back together in the next few weeks.
1374451892733.jpg

This event is always a goal to attend, weather is usually nice, keeps you motivated to work on your sled, will mine make it this year ?
Can't say, divorce has a way of swallowing car funds, but we will at least attend and spectate, its a father son annual tradition.

I like the idea of us donating to the cause, even if only $10.00 ea, can we set this up with Cal, PAYPAL is easy !

How about calling out the "Oklahoma boys" who claim to be the fastest street cars.....that would draw interest.

This event is always a goal to attend, weather is usually nice, keeps you motivated to work on your sled, will mine make it this year ?
Can't say, divorce has a way of swallowing car funds, but we will at least attend and spectate, its a father son annual tradition.

I like the idea of us donating to the cause, even if only $10.00 ea, can we set this up with Cal, PAYPAL is easy !

How about calling out the "Oklahoma boys" who claim to be the fastest street cars.....that would draw interest.
See post # 103 :(

Well thats just Chuck, left us to go to the "other side"
sure would like to see his new turbo ride in November....

Been going every yr since back when Richard was the promoter...Used to be crowded. Then, the economy went bust, and it's been fewer and fewer each yr....
The "Other side" won't be there...:p