You can type here any text you want

Spacers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

peachnbeast

I was just trying to find a source to buy spacers so I could mount my GTA rims on my 87 Grand National. I have 2 fronts and 2 rears... I could only find 3/4" spacers where I was looking.... I need 1" and 1.25" ..... Thanks

before i found an second set of wheels to make a full set of fronts, i had the GTA rears mounted on the front of my T Type using a 5/16" Mr gasket spacer, and once the wheel weights self clearanced themselves against the tie rods, it only rubbed the inner fender a little bit at full lock.

I don't think you're going to find spacers that thick because they are not safe. You will need an adapter, which is still basically a spacer except it has its own set of wheel studs. You bolt the adapter to the hub and then the wheel goes on the adapter.

A regular spacer puts stress on the wheel studs because the wheel is sitting way out at the end of the stud rather than down at the base. The thicker the spacer, the more stress on the wheel stud, the easier it is to snap them right off. That's why spacers are only sold up to a certain thickness.

Wheel Adapters Spacers

I don't think you're going to find spacers that thick because they are not safe. You will need an adapter, which is still basically a spacer except it has its own set of wheel studs. You bolt the adapter to the hub and then the wheel goes on the adapter.

A regular spacer puts stress on the wheel studs because the wheel is sitting way out at the end of the stud rather than down at the base. The thicker the spacer, the more stress on the wheel stud, the easier it is to snap them right off. That's why spacers are only sold up to a certain thickness.

Wheel Adapters Spacers

X 2!

Claude :wink:

You can run 5/16" spacers up front, but plan on knurling out your lug stud holes on the wheels and running a shanked style lug nut for safety. Ran that way for years with my old 86 ttype..........

I was just trying to find a source to buy spacers so I could mount my GTA rims on my 87 Grand National. I have 2 fronts and 2 rears... I could only find 3/4" spacers where I was looking.... I need 1" and 1.25" ..... Thanks

You only need a pair of 1.25" for the rear wheels. That's what I use. I have the front wheels on the front of the car and the rear wheels on the rear with the 1.25" adapters. I purchased mine from Trail Sport (or something like that) on eBay.

Back