You can type here any text you want

Spacing for front and reat GTA style wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turboed6

I am in the process of buying some GTA style wheels and was wondering if someone could help me with the spacing? I am looking at the 16x8's.

Thanks

id say 50% of the threads on this board are on this subject alone :yup:

there is a search feature on here

but ill run through it again so now theyll be one more thread

ideally you want 4 rims with zero (0 ) offset fit the G body , GTA front rims are stamped "front only" and 'offset 0' on the backside , they have a deeper lip on the front so you can usually tell the difference just looking at a pic of the front shot at an angle

some cars may need a little 1/4" spacer at the rear depending on how wide a tire you run (255/50-16 MT radials can rub frame on some cars )

problem is its not easy to get 4 fronts without buying multiple sets and dealing with curbed rims which happen to the fronts a lot which takes even more searching for a decent set of 4 and there are two design styles .non dimpled and dimpled spokes.
early gtas were non dimpled , smooth at the spoke where the spokes meets the outer drum these are two peice in that thecenter section is welded to the outer drum . 89 up dimpled are.. well ..dimpled at the spoke :) and are a one peice casting and ive seen quite a few mismatched spokes out for sale over the years

finding f body full sets (2 front/2 rears) isn't that difficult.. and you can run the rear gtas (-16 offset) stamped 'rear only' , but rears have too much offset to work without some form of adapter or spacer+longer lugs . using thick spacers or adapters on cars with the hp we have i don't feel comfortable with, some run the GTA fronts at the rear axle and run GTA rears at the front with at least a 5/8" spacer (to clear the steering arm ) and longer lugs

classicindustries now has the dimpled spoke gta rims (front or rear) in gold or black and supposedly has been shipping them at 199 ea so you could put together 4 fronts easier ,

You can run fronts in the front or back, but to run "Rears" in the back you need 1.25" wheel adapters that can be purchased of E-bay for $60 shipped.

Search "Camaro wheel adapter"

until i got a second set of fronts, i ran the rear GTA's on the front of my T Type. the inner balancing weight hit the outer tie rod end and self clearanced itslef after a little bit, but a 5/16" wheel spacer took care of that. it still rubbed the inner wheelwell with the sidewall on the rear side at full lock, tho.
this was with 245/50/16 tires.
using 4 fronts took cars of all my clearance issues, but i think i need about a 1/4" spacer on the rear to make them fit into the wheelwells better.

Back