You can type here any text you want

Spare Tire???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

How do you get to the spare tire in the '89 tta. Do you guys take it out to race? Never thought to check it. Thanks.

I checked mine for the first time last week since buying my TTA last year. It is located on the right rear behind the quarter panel. YOu have to unscrew I think 4 tan plastic screws. When I got to mine, it was hard to lift it out. At first I thought it was flat, had no air in it. Then looking into the well, I found a GM canister that is used to inflate it. Now I worry that the canister is 17 years old and will it work. I also found that the canister was lying loose in there and since owning the car I always had a rattle back there. Havent taken it out yet for the season, so I dont know if that was the rattle. Anyway, I assume GM left it flat is that it wouldnt fit in the well inflated. Maybe a good idea to carry some Slime and a small 12 volt inflater. Just my opinion.

Good old AAA or any other service to put the TTA on flat bed would be my choice. Depending on where you are located of course. I know that Cell service at the track in Stanton, MI is horrible(basically surrounded by fields, fields, and more fields:)

All depends on the situation you are in. Also, I would probably recommend fix-a-flat compared to slime(easier to clean out of the tire if it can be repaired.) Slime works great for tractors and such...just wouldn't use it in a vehicle tire.

I don't think you would gain any by removing the spare from the rear...I don't remove mine and I don't think many remove theirs.

AAA is my plan too

I recently looked at my spare too. I replaced the tire, jack, lug wrench and pressurized can after studying the decals I found in there. Study of the pictures on the decals eventually revealed the way they were all designed to fit in there. That stuff will fit, believe me. :)

P. S. Weight on the rear wheels helps the tires stick....

Back