You can type here any text you want

Spark Plug

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chiefshocker

Live Every Shift
So i did a search and a bunch of reading, but i'm still not sure what to go with. I have an 83 turbo 3.8, with a 4 barrel 600cfm Holley. I'll be driving a lot of WOT and need a lot of low end boost.. not sure on the current boost, but i hope to run around 15 (guage installation in progress)

I see threads on the NGK UR5-2771, autolite 24, R44tsx and r45tsx per the manual. Non of them cross reference to each other.. I understand the gap needs to run smaller for the turbo's.
Any recommendations on which plug to run.?

Thanks
Fred

Run the NGK UR5 on your drawthru setup, I ran those for along time in drawthru and blowthru configuration with no problems at bigger gap and didn't swap them out until I was going over 20# boost because they were misfiring with a stock ignition.
So my vote is for the UR5's they are a good heat range and can run a gap of.025-.032 depending of how good your ignition is.

Run the NGK UR5 on your drawthru setup, I ran those for along time in drawthru and blowthru configuration with no problems at bigger gap and didn't swap them out until I was going over 20# boost because they were misfiring with a stock ignition.
So my vote is for the UR5's they are a good heat range and can run a gap of.025-.032 depending of how good your ignition is.

Thanks,, I ordered some online.. They came in yesterday.. I left them all at .032.. I'll try it out this week.. Thanks

Back