You can type here any text you want

Spark Plugs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Utah Blaine

I have been reading the material referenced to me here and something was mentioned about plug gap. It said the factory recommended gap was to wide and should be around 0.035. Does this hold true for an all stock engine and would NGK plugs be acceptable. Factory calls for 8 mm wires, I guess 8.5 would be ok. I won't ask about oil!

As mentioned stock boost levels ...stock gap/heat range will be fine IMO NGK( Higher number on NGK is lower vs. other plug brands where lower is colder) is the best out there. Elevated boost levels with alky, E85, racefuel, etc then the gap and heat range changes.

Last edited:
I want to do the first 9 thing on the list at beforeblackracing.com. All except the MSD BTM ignition (need tires before I can do that). First I wanted to get wires and plugs. The gap can be set different as things change I would guess.

IMO NKG higher number is cooler. Do the plugs come numbered? Don't laugh, I really don't know. This may seen so simple to everyone but to me it is a mystery. This whole turbo stuff is a mystery to me. I hope it's not like skydiving .....if at first you don't succeed, oh well.

no they don't come numbered ..... just wondering anyone seen gains by indexing the spark plugs ?

Ok, what is IMO and indexing?

I know what indexing means, I don't know what indexing spark plugs is. I have no idea what IMO is. I really would like to know this stuff. I really do have a turbo car and would like to know the lingo as well as the mechanics of it.

Ok, what is IMO and indexing?

I know what indexing means, I don't know what indexing spark plugs is. I have no idea what IMO is. I really would like to know this stuff. I really do have a turbo car and would like to know the lingo as well as the mechanics of it.
Here is a video of indexing from Summit racing.. hope this helps you a little.

Hey, though you don't have any video viewing capabilities, at least you guys became a state before we here in Arizona did.........:D

so anyone dyno this ? don't think your a fool see that silly spoiler on the TTA#1397 I replaced that umm helped me save 3k lol

Thanks for the video but I have dialup and can't see things like that, but thanks anyway. I call summit and ask them, thanks.
They still have dial up? dang. Sit at McDonald's and use there wifi (saying its free) or a community college usually has free wifi.

They still have dial up? dang. Sit at McDonald's and use there wifi (saying its free) or a community college usually has free wifi.

I live way out in the country. I could get satellite but they charge an arm and a leg and after so long they start to charge by the minute. In rural areas it's a real rip off. Email and here is about the only place I go anyway.

Back