You can type here any text you want

Speaker Box

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wizard

I am looking to add a box in the trunk as a final piece for shows. Does anyone have any pics of trunk boxes done up. I dont want to be a copy cat but I am in a different zip code and I am stuck on my decision. The people around here only know imports. Go figure! Any help, please?

thats Neils "8uwith6" grey car, not only is a super nice install but it really hits hard. Just thought that I would give credit where due.

Zak

I have one word, Awesome! Nice job on the trunk. I think that is how I would like to do my trunk. I have a few questions. Is all pieces excluding the spare tire cover straight up and down? Is the spare tire still there? Is the material used press wood or did you just do the box itself and use something else on the other panels? Which piece did you install first and last? Is there dyna mat installed? And most of all, how does it sound? Thanks for the pics.

Is all pieces excluding the spare tire cover straight up and down?
>Yes, but the trunk pan that the amp rack sits on is not level so the amp rack is deeper in the front than the back. I used a square to make sure the box was at a 90 degree angle to the subbox.

Is the spare tire still there?
>yep

Is the material used press wood or did you just do the box itself and use something else on the other panels?
>Everything is MDF (medium density fiberboard) Box is 3/4 everything else is is a mix of 1/2 and 3/4 inch board.

Which piece did you install first and last?
>Amprack first. then the box. then the sides.

Is there dyna mat installed?
>Yes. Floor, sides and the filler strip bettwen the backglass and the trunklid. Still need to do the trunklid.

how does it sound?
>I sounds good, could be better. I think I liked it better when I had them firing forward. I rearfired them cause I wanted to show them off (for shows) Still sounds good with rap/hip hop. But considering I listen mostly to older rock n' roll (Eagles, Lynard Skynard, Doors) it's not the best for me.

Looks cool though

:D I'm planning on redoing it with a single 12" and lose at least one amp. It's total overkill but I had all the equipment so I threw it in!

I really appreciate the input. I listen to the same kind of music myself. I just wanted it for shows. Seems like everyone likes to see stereo equipment. When I was younger I went for the big boom but now that I have kids I like a little quietness around. LOL Thanks again!

Originally posted by Gbodyolds
http://www.geocities.com/greyttype86/misc

these images belong to someone on the board i dont remember who i hope its alright that i posted it but i was very impressed with his work looks like a very nice, very neat installation.

Thats mine....not too shabby for being 4+ yrs old ehh? Sad thing is, I just recently carpeted it and made it look somewhat finished. I still havent even started on the false floor. Oh well.

Back