You can type here any text you want

spearcointercooler adapter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOKA72

WHATS UP GUYS....DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICS OF THE ADAPTER THAT GOES TO THE BACK OF THE INTAKE FROM THE SPEARCO KIT....CONTENPLATING MAKING AN INTERCOOLER KIT FOR MY 85....THANKS GUYS VINNY

I don't have pictures any more. The part is available separately from Spearco for ~$50. It's basically just a cast 90 degree elbow. The part that goes into the intake is just like the stock turbo adaptor. The stock 0-ring fits it. It has a bracket that bolts into the intake where the stock turbo mounting bracket goes. It's a pretty bad design, it necks down to 1.5" in one spot and like I said it's nearly an instant 90 degree turn. It basically fits under the turbo when all they had to do is tilt it toward the firewall just a little and it would've freed up a ton of clearance. I welded my own 3" elbow that makes a nice gradual bend. All I had to do is tilt it back toward the firewall just a little and I have more turbo clearance with it than with the tiny Spearco elbow.

HEY COOL84 TELL ME....YOU GOT A 3 INCH EXHAUST ELBOW AND WELDED IT DIRECTLY TO THE INTAKE?????

I found a 3" (about 3.5" OD) cast aluminum elbow in a metal scrap yard and welded it on. I opened up the inlet of the intake to 3" all the way down and removed the EGR passage to make the floor flat.

I would like to say that I'm sure the Spearco adaptor is fine for a stock car but I was really going for some good times before I blew a hole in a cylinder.

I posted the pics on here a while back.

THANKS COOL84....IM GOING TOO SEE WHAT I CAN COME UP WITH...MAYBE WELD THE BIGGER END OF THE FACTORY ADAPTER TO PIPE WHICH I THINK I WOULD LIKE TOO USE 2.5 PIPE FOR ALL MY PIPING NEEDS AND A FACTORY 87 IC...WHAT DO YOU THINK?

THANKS FOR THE PICS....I ONLY SEE A REASON TO USE THE ONE THAT GOES INTO THE INTAKE...WHY THE OTHERS????
ALSO I TRIED LOOKING FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE WEBSITE AND I DONT SEE THEM....THANKS AGAIN VINNY

You're exactly right. You only need the intake manifold adaptor. I ran all three adaptors at first and I had a problem with my throttle sticking from rubbing on the IC plumbing. I took the TB adaptor off which tilted it slightly and the problem was gone. For the turbo outlet you can run just the silicone hose with no adaptor.

I tried to e-mail you and another person pictures of my adaptor but I can't figure out how to send pictures.

HEY COOL84...I BELIEVE YOU JUST INSERT IT INTO YOUR EMAIL THAT YOU SEND TOO ME...JUST TAKE IT FROM YOUR FILE FOLDER AND INSERT IT ....THANKS VINNY

IRACEAV6....HEY BUDDY CAN YA HELP ME OUT WITH THOSE SPEARCO INSTRUCTIONS???? THANKS VINNY

Back