You can type here any text you want

Specs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
Can anyone tell me what the tourqe specs are for the TTA heads and intake? Or a site with the info?

Pete

Depends on the bolts used for heads..then depends whether a sealer/lubricant is used on the threads.

If you use the ARP's..then you have to follow ARP specs''

For stock TTYL its 60 ftlbs plus I believe a 3/4 turn or 65 ftlbs which ever comes first to stretch the bolt.Use the guidelines as GN heads..

GNTTYPE.org has this type of info

OK didn't know if the specs were different from the tta to gn heads....

Thanx

Pete

Pete, Make sure you run a tap through the threads in the block. If you are not using new stock head bolts,you need to put teflon sealer on the threads and a little oil on the head of the bolt where it meets the head surface. New GM head bolts will have teflon on threads and the head of the bolt mating surface.

SteveK. :)

All new stuff, with the exception of that flimsy looking intake gasket. I used a fel-pro on the intake. The biggest p.i.t.a. was the accessories. All looks good roughly about 8 hours minus the beers and food, just a little left should be up and ready to be tuned tomorrow...............

That 12.72 et. What tires are you using? Also get rid of the rail mouted f/p gauge. You need to know your fuel pressure at peak boost not at idle! If you lose fuel pressure at 20 lbs you have problems. If you dont want a hood mounted gauge. You can buy a a/c hose used for recharging freon at any part store. Hook it to the rail and the gauge. Tuck it under your wiperblade and check your pressure. When lay it over by the master cylinder until you need it again.

Steve K. :)

at http://www.89tta.com/ you'll find a Tech section. At the bottom of the page you'll see a reference to Alldata Corporation....They offer a CD-ROM containing either shop repair info or factory technical service bulletins for the Firebird and TTA.

HTH

Back