speed limiter

Reprogrammed PCM is the only way. The Grand Prix Store (www.grandprixstore.com) and Digital Horsepower CUSTOM PCM's (www.3800performance.com). I've seen HUGE gains with the Digital Horsepower. That's what I'm going to get when the car's running again. Right now I have the Mecham PCM and I think it's the reason I have so much KR; it's a generic progam meant to be used with a 3.5" pulley (I have a 3.25).

On the grandprix store they resended their previous statement that it will work on 99 gs's but, I'll check out the other site. THANKS

Originally posted by terryk
I'm not sure what you mean but I believe they can handle the 97 now too.

Well I actually received a mail from Charles Beyer himself...'97'a are supposedly the next to receive the reprogram of course the GTP's first I believe, then the GT's... ( I guess because the '97 3800 came with the 4t60-e which isn't fully electronic...therefore not too much can be done to shift parameters...I mean compared to the 65-e...

Unfortunately all I want is the speed limiter removed, rev-limiter increased etc ( And if I could also get the MAP sensor parameter from the GTP reprogrammed into my PCM I think I will be straight)...lol!!

Originally posted by nocutt

Well I actually received a mail from Charles Beyer himself...'97'a are supposedly the next to receive the reprogram of course the GTP's first I believe, then the GT's... ( I guess because the '97 3800 came with the 4t60-e which isn't fully electronic...therefore not too much can be done to shift parameters...I mean compared to the 65-e...

Unfortunately all I want is the speed limiter removed, rev-limiter increased etc ( And if I could also get the MAP sensor parameter from the GTP reprogrammed into my PCM I think I will be straight)...lol!!

Well, I have a '97 and am getting a custom tune done in a month, since I live by those guys. What kind of mods do you have on your car?? Maybe if they do my car they could be able to do yours with the info gained from mine :) And WTF do you mean about the MAP parameter values :confused: I have never heard of those being different.

Originally posted by Das Regal GS

Well, I have a '97 and am getting a custom tune done in a month, since I live by those guys. What kind of mods do you have on your car?? Maybe if they do my car they could be able to do yours with the info gained from mine :) And WTF do you mean about the MAP parameter values :confused: I have never heard of those being different.

I just want to increase my rev-limiter, take-off speed-limiter and increase red-line. increase Tranny line pressure, turn fan on early and also see if I can get the gtp MAP table so as to be able to use A-tap to read boost! I have an L36-intercooled Turbo...!!

The custom one is the way to go then. BTW, how do you like the turbo setup? Do you have any pics?

Re: woo

Originally posted by UrbsNSpices
Nice turbo 3800, Nocutt

What does that cost you DAS?

Urbs

If I told you I'll have to kill ya...j/k!!
Too much..plus I had to swap the engine into a beretta...lots of dinero!!

Originally posted by nocutt

I just want to increase my rev-limiter, take-off speed-limiter and increase red-line. increase Tranny line pressure, turn fan on early and also see if I can get the gtp MAP table so as to be able to use A-tap to read boost! I have an L36-intercooled Turbo...!!

Big dummy me didn't see your sig until just now :eek: That is one hella sleeper. Do you mind if I ask ya where you got the exhaust manifolds from?? Also, have you gotten her on a dyno yet??

Re: woo

Originally posted by UrbsNSpices
Nice turbo 3800, Nocutt

What does that cost you DAS?

Urbs

Well, since I know Dave Buckshaw, kinda, he is only charging me $300 for the tuning plus I have to shell out approx. 4 hours for dyno time :rolleyes: Hopefully the place I am going to take it feels sorry for me :D

Big dummy me didn't see your sig until just now :eek: That is one hella sleeper. Do you mind if I ask ya where you got the exhaust manifolds from?? Also, have you gotten her on a dyno yet??

LOL!! The manifolds, Y, down-pipe and cat-back was custom fabbed by chris west @ www.westcoastfiero.com and unfortunately I have never put HIM ;) on the dyno yet but from estimated calculation at 7psi with the other mods I should have 300 to the wheels and very close to 345 ft/lb torque hopefully when I get the time to dyno and take it down the 1320
I wish I lived around that area seems to me everyone living in that vicinity is getting a "hook-up" on this PCMs....jeesh!!

Yeah, it's pretty nice when I just have to drive 4 miles and get my tune ;) Are you running the 4t60E trans. or the 4t65e trans.?? I would be scared of a 60 going into self-destruct with that much power :eek: I so want to go turbo or CSC on my car but that is to much dinero.. I hate roots blowers. Get HIM to the strip soon, or else :D

Yeah, it's pretty nice when I just have to drive 4 miles and get my tune ;) Are you running the 4t60E trans. or the 4t65e trans.?? I would be scared of a 60 going into self-destruct with that much power :eek: I so want to go turbo or CSC on my car but that is to much dinero.. I hate roots blowers. Get HIM to the strip soon, or else :D

I might be one of the lucky dudes with a 60-e...tis four years now!! Plus I don't ASSAULT HIM...lol no burnouts, neutral drops or reverse pops...just hammer it and HIM goes...I am also spraying a mist on the trans cooler...
I will be on the strip with HIM defintely before the year runs out hopefully I a.) DHP'd it or b.) self DHP it...either ways i twill be shocking development...lol!!