You can type here any text you want

Speed Pro - Comments/Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter JoshSosnin
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

JoshSosnin

Hello all,

A friend let me know that this forum has some Speed Pro owners. Looks like a nice forum...

Anyways, I own a dyno in PA and had someone stop in with a Speed Pro the other day. He was not quite up to speed (laugh, sorry) with the unit, so I started to play with it. His poor car was off the chart rich, and picked up almost 100hp with some quick fuel and timing adjustments.

Comments: Not a bad unit, seems to work well. The interface is perhaps so-so, but if someone could go from never seeing the unit to picking up 100hp (no boost changes) in one hour, it must work, right?

Questions: How do I change the trigger for the data logging? For some reason, the unit would never see above 60% TPS, so the data logging would not start.

Does the unit record knock? Anything at all with recording timing advance?

Location of a FAQ perhaps?

Thanks so much for your help!

Josh

I havent used the DOS version in a bit. F8 brings up the logger, and I believe the spacebar starts it by default\. I looked and couldnt find an option to change triggers. I know itsz there, but I cant find it. Might haveta be online.

In the Windoze version, there is a dashboard setup tab, which selects which dashboard to use to log, and allows selecting a trigger. It can be just about ANY sensor hitting any value. I like that feature. You can also select how LONG to log.

I redid the C-com manual for myself. Has screenshots etc to make it easier for dummies (read: ME!) If you're using the windows version, ask me and I'll point you to the manual I did. I'm not sure my manual will be any good for the DOS version.

I'm sure Todd or Craig will chime in here to help further

Sounds like I need to suggest the Windows version to this person. A few more options and I would be a happy tuner =)

Thanks,

Josh

Autotrigger

According to what I have read you need to have 80% or more TPS at WOT, so if you are not seeing any more than 60% do you have your TPS set properly?

Hit F8 then the "A" key. You will then be able to set the desired percentage for the sensor chosen. You are already set up for TPS so just adjust your sensor value.

You can manually start the log by hitting the space bar.

Back