You can type here any text you want

Speed Pro MAP Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

O.K. I got my Speed Pro working well but I have noticed that my VDO boost gauge does not give me the same readout as the Speed Pro. I have recently changed the 3 bar map and my pickup for the VDO is on a separate line (the line that use to supply vaccum to the EGR valve). The gauge reads 17# and the data logger is showing 14#. Should I have a "T" off the MAP line for the boost gauge?
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff,

Unless you spend big bucks($100's of dollars) on an industrial calibrated pressure gauge, you're likely to see this. Most of the automotive gauges we buy from Autometer, VDO, HKS etc have a +/- variance of about 3-5psi. We tested a bunch of gauges once against a calibrated gauge( +/- .25 psi at 100psi). The Autometer and VDO were wayyy off. The HKS was closest at 28 psi. Within 1psi. I also tested three 3 bar MAP sensors. All three were almost dead on to what my calibrated gauge showed at 28psi. I'd go by the MAP sensor. Hope this helps.

Thanks Shane for the information. Lets see, if I go by the MAP then I have some untapped horsepower available. I will still stay on the conservative side anyway.
Jeff

Back