You can type here any text you want

Speed sensor that goes in tranny?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AnArKey

I have a TH400 that's going in soon, and I will be running a electronic aftermarket (VDO or Autometer) speedometer. Is there a electronic vehicle speed sensor that will go in the hole in the trannsmission where the speedo cable normally goes? I'd like to just toss the speedo cable if possible.

Hello Derek,

Not sure about a "replacement" item, but Dakota Digital makes a Hall-effect generator (SEN-01-1) that screws on the stock speedo bung. From there, you'll need a translator (SGI-5) that converts the hall effect to a pulse rate. It's what I used in my S-10...

Hey, what did you ever decide on my stock injectors?

Later,

Thanks....I'll look into that.

I'm gonna pass on the injectors. Gonna use nozzles and solenoids for my alcohol injection.

Hey s10GxN, how did you use the components from Dakota? Did you hook them up to an electrical aftermarket speedo and the vss? Did you have to use the buffer (little blue box) from the factory GN setup?
Really curious as I would like to set up some aftermarket gauges but have to also have the vss signal to the computer.
I also read somewhere that you could use a TTA or Cadillac sender that goes to the trans wher the speedo gear goes, but I don't know if the vss comes off of this also or if I still need an adapter or extra components.
Anyone who can help? I know some of you guys are using the GNX clone dash.

Hey Olds,

Go to Dakota's web site and download the instruction manuals for the 2 devices mentioned in my previous post. You'll see how easy it is to install. Those are the only two items needed to interface the GN trans/GN ECM/S-10 speedometer. Of course, if you're doing something different, you may need something else...

HTH,

Painless Performance (was Painless Wiring) sells an inline 2 pulse speed sensor in their catalog that will also work. I believe Jeg's has them for approx $90. hth

Back