speeding ticket in Flagstaff Arizona *criminal offense*

dabuickman

i was going too fast on a long strectch of road. got one hell of a sppeding ticket and just got off the phone with the coarthouse in arizona. they say to send in a written letter of guilt or not guilty. i asked what is the fine and points and was told they cant give that to me. i live 2000 miles away from there and cant fly out to fight this thing. i need to know if anyone has any insight or help can be given? i guess im not used to driving those super fast P.T. cruisers.
thanks Rob

Look for an attorney in the area where you were pulled over. Most of these guys will have some pull with the local prosecuter, tell the attorney you will pay the fines but you don't want the points.

I have done this a few times when pulled over out of my area with great success. It may cost a few $$$ but you won't have to worry about the points on your record.

Good Luck!

ok. i wasnt sure if i had to contact a lawyer here in PA or not. thanks. $$$$ ooh well i was just gonna waste my money on my cars anyway. Rob

I have spent between $100-$200 on the attorney fees plus the fine. It is well worth the price because your insurance rates will explode with a nice speeding ticket.

How fast were you going?

allright! i was going 88 in a 55. it was a looong straight away and he was coming straight at me. i didnt notice until it was too late. i got a ticket for 88mph,"speed over 85" and its a class 3 criminal offense. he told me i wouldnt make it to the grand canyon before nightfall. he was wrong! i had 5 mins to spare. i am going to contact a laywer in AZ and see how much its gonna cost me.

I learned my lessson 15 years ago to not speed in Northern AZ. I'd wait until the NM border to open it up (where I got pulled over for 127 in a 55 and they wrote me up for "80+" ($33)... the trooper thought I was going "at least 150")

I had a 77 in a 45 in northern AZ and it was around $140 back in the mid eighties.