Any Cops on here need advice?

87chrisss

BLUBYU
So i recently got two tickets, one for not having my registration on me, "my wallet was @ home," and going 62 in a 35 mph zone? I highly doubt i was going that fast as the patrol car was going the complete opposite way of me. I requested pre-trial and its tomorrow morning because i do have my Registration but not sure if i should fight the speeding ticket?

Also i saw a huge mistake on his part, He put my vehicle was a Black 2 door 2002 Honda Civic? TAG is correct but i have a Black 86 Buick 2 door? It was 5:40 am so it was pitch black out i was heading to work. What do you think? He got the color correct and the 2 door part but completely different year make and model. Spoke to one cop and he said it doesnt matter what vehicle make and model he did get the tag correct and color so i have no fight in court. Need advice

Been down this road before on both parts. Show them your current registration and that should go away and done. Speeding ticket does not matter if he put it was a 2 wheel bicycle. As long as the tag is yours he's got you for it. Best case they may let you pay a fine so you don't get points on the violation. Most states 30 over posted limit can be a real problem. Looks like you just missed that so you got somewhat lucky. Be ready to pay a hefty fine with no points in the end would be my guess. They have the system set up that if you fight it, in the end you'll wind up taking a bigger bath. If you get a lawyer to fight it, it will cost you more money by the time your done and all the lawyer will get you is a fine with no points that you should be able to get on your own. Well plus lawyer fee's if you went that way. If you can get away paying a fine and no points take that because if you fight it and they nail you with the violation, (and most likely they will win in the end) you'll wind up paying all the fines and your car insurance will go up as soon as the points show up on your license. Can't win can't beat the system. They look at it as income for the township.

Plead " guilty with an explanation" , the Judge will ask you if you would like to speak with the Prosecuting attorney, tell him yes. The PA will turn it into a parking ticket or something with the same fine when you tell him you dont want the points. Done it many times in the past.

Bryan

Interesting, i dont see how he could have clocked me while moving east while i was going west? I thought he would have to be stationery to get a correct reading. I did see him but i didn't think nothing of it it just felt as if i was going normal speed with car's around me. One thing i do see on the ticket is that it says his device was a GENESIS II DIRECTIONAL (FRONT ANT) RADAR. 62/35

What are my chances if i try and fight the speeding ticket? One cop told me to ask when was the last time the radar was calibrated? And to also see the documentation of how fast both parties were recorded going to see if he was over the speed limit as well.

Moving radar has been around for a LONG time...Cops here have them front and rear.

Bryan

Their computers adjust for their moving speed which is part of the reason their speedometers have to being carefully calibrated.

U can only hope he wont show up to court..o__0 i been lucky enough a few times were they dont show up n trow the ticket away..:)

just got back from court, the judge dismissed the registration ticket and reduced the speeding ticket to $201 for the incorrect information, she asked me if i wanted to go to court i just said no and ill take the $201 fine.

Hmmm. the object was to not get a surcharge. How did that go?

For the most part they usually lesson the fine.

D

EVIL said:
Hmmm. the object was to not get a surcharge. How did that go?

For the most part they usually lesson the fine.

D

That is quite a lessening of the fine. Around here (NJ), 29+ over is suspension.

OP, did you get points? Pretty cool judge if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

New CDl laws 20 over 30 day suspension 2 tickets in 3 years 15 and under 30 day suspension no matter what your driving

New CDl laws 20 over 30 day suspension 2 tickets in 3 years 15 and under 30 day suspension no matter what your driving

What is a CDI law?

You know. They say driving is a privileged. In reality it's a necessity. We need cars to go to work and bring our kids to school.

The laws you state above are beyond harsh.

In MA when you appeal a ticket that's between $100 to $300 they usually cut it in half but the surcharge stays.

In RI if you haven't had a ticket in 3 years and you appeal it and you show up with an official form from the MA DMV or whatever state you are from stating you haven't had a moving violation in three years, it's a wash. $20 court cost.

D

just got back from court, the judge dismissed the registration ticket and reduced the speeding ticket to $201 for the incorrect information, she asked me if i wanted to go to court i just said no and ill take the $201 fine.

I would say you did well ...$201.00 and no points.

Bryan

What is a CDI law?

You know. They say driving is a privileged. In reality it's a necessity. We need cars to go to work and bring our kids to school.

The laws you state above are beyond harsh.

D

CDL is Commercial Drivers License

Bryan

A bit off of topic, but a funny story. A few months ago I was speeding on the interestate and was coming around a corner where view is obscured by a bridge. At this time of the day the bridge casts a large shadow, which is where cops like to hide. I was late for work, so I kept the hammer down, then once I got closer I realized that there wasn't a patrol car but a motorcycle cop. He was off his bike and was pointing his radar gun right at me. I was gong 85 in a 55! I past him and looked in my mirror, he ran to his bike turned the blue lights on. I was still looking in my mirror with the hammer down still. I realized that he couldn't get his big fat leg over the seat of the motorcycle, I guess his large revenue collecting ass got of balance. I thought, "I'm deffinatley taking advantage of that and floored my little daily driver to the next exit. Hit all the green lights and in 5 seconds I was at my parking spot at work. Sheriff John Bunnell (Cops car chase videos) always says, "they never get away when they run" HAHA, well sometimes they do. Thanks for overeating at every possible meal fat biker cop!!! ROLMFAO!!

I figured pay the fine and go. You did ok as long as you didn't get points. Same thing happen to me in my TTA since he didn't have his radar on he wrote me for careless driving. 425 bucks and no points is what I paid in NJ.

I figured pay the fine and go. You did ok as long as you didn't get points. Same thing happen to me in my TTA since he didn't have his radar on he wrote me for careless driving. 425 bucks and no points is what I paid in NJ.

You would have easily beat the ticket. In NJ you can't write Careless Driving (39:4-97) instead of Speeding (39:4-98). An officer can write a speeding ticket without the actual speed as long as he/she observes you going over the posted speed limit.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I call BS Jim, you'd have to actually drive your TTA to get a ticket in it,lol:p

You would have easily beat the ticket. In NJ you can't write Careless Driving (39:4-97) instead of Speeding (39:4-98). An officer can write a speeding ticket without the actual speed as long as he/she observes you going over the posted speed limit.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Well it was more like I was being worked over by the DA in the back of the court room. He pretty much said pay the fine, you will never beat this, and this is your only way to handle this with no points. He said if I fought it I would get stuck with the points and more fines. I'm sure because I was PA driver didn't help either. Was a young cop with all kinda attitude from the first words out of his mouth when he walked up to me. He was also in court room. It's also a township in NJ that is known to bang out of the area/state drivers. That's why I just paid and walked away. There was several shows that benefited the local police in that area I use to attend in years past that I no longer go to and direct others away from as well. I pretty much just stay away from any shows/cruises anywhere going to/coming from that area. Like I said, If I actually did something I wouldn't mind or care. If I did something against the law I would not have a problem dealing with any prosecution for my actions. The fact that the cop in reality got the wrong car and no one was breaking the law in reality was the part that had me pissed off. You know how it is more then anyone.. there is good cops out there and dickheads who would write their own grandmother for jay walking.