Speedo not working

cecil bass

I'm having a problem with my speedo not working. so I unscrewed the speedo cable from the tranny and hooked it up to a drill speedo finally moved. So I figured something was wrong with the gears. I removed the speedo bullet and I dont see any gears...... this is what came out. What am I missing???
22eace8ae79316833c8a5335cfca0feb.jpg
045a604eaa3e5088a88b5d0a89fb2739.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The gear?
I kinda figured it , but why is the shaft metal? All the ones I've seen are plastic .... by the way the dive gear that is in the transmission is orange what driven gear do I need to mate with it for stock rims and tires? Lastly does anyone have a part# for the pan? since its gonna have to be dropped to retrieve the gear.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AIRC, the tang, on the metal shaft, fits into the plastic gear, you are referring to.
Is this an original TR, BRF trans?

The stock speedo gear that should be on the part you pulled out of the trans is blue. It has 30 teeth and your orange governor has 11 teeth. Might want to look at the orange gear to make sure it’s good. If not it’s hard to find the orange one so go with green 10 tooth and black 30 tooth gears. That should be close to stock gearing for speedo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them ALL !
WHATEVER you need I GOT IT!
It should be a gear about 3/4 to 1" that goes on the shaft.Blue in color. I can pic it if you wish. The one pictured is the most highly desired and reliable. Factory set up. The plastic ones are "ok" but the one you have is the ultimate way to go.
They are not cheap but required...
Hit me up if you need to.
WE4
916-952-9567